Sharing a recent story about the Kemper...

• I had just finished my 4th mix, which is something I am totally new at doing, and watched my wife have a big smile on her face when she listened to it for the first time. Later on, I caught her in a phone conversation with her out-of-town friend talking about my songs and saying, "I don't know if you heard, but Larry bought this Kemper thingy that cost like $3000. I don't know what it does but it's very powerful. Maybe he can bring it over when we come to visit".

Is my wife now accepting my expensive musical purchases? LOL. All I have to tell her next time is that it is "powerful".

Anyone else have something to share?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Not really the same, but a few months ago I was standing with my back to the door playing/riffing on Midnight Rambler. No accompaniment except me singing, and it was loud. :D

I turned around while playing to see my 29 y/o son totally grooving on tune. 8)

He gave me a standing O when I was done, Lol!

• Good idea actually...

A few years ago I played as an insecure amateur in a band of rather professional musicians. At that time I used to play a squier classic vibe tele which was harder to play than the real thing but came close to the sound of a real 50s tele.

"All right now" was on the performing agenda and I knew that I better come over wih a real hammer of gain but by no means sounding like metal. And of course hope for the best...

As far as I knew the original sound was done on a lp and a marshall with not too much gain. The guys knew that I bought a kemper recently (2012 as it were) but were rather careful what to expect from a digital thingy. The lead singer was expierienced with the sound of axe driven guitars in one of his other bands though.

I chose one of the bluesbreaker profiles from the factory content with a well defined, sound gain , cranked up the volume, dialled in the bridge pickup, and played the wonderful riff as best I could. Guitar in Kemper, Kemper in foh devices and...

All the guys myself included couldn't take the smile from their faces and were quite clear: Best overdriven sound ever heard.

I was quite pleased with my kemper.

Today I'd never use that amount of gain for this or any other song but rather stick to my trusted Hamer Sunburst which comes quite close to the sound of an old lp and carefully limited gain.

Greetings

Joachim

• I had just finished my 4th mix, which is something I am totally new at doing, and watched my wife have a big smile on her face when she listened to it for the first time. Later on, I caught her in a phone conversation with her out-of-town friend talking about my songs and saying, "I don't know if you heard, but Larry bought this Kemper thingy that cost like $3000. I don't know what it does but it's very powerful. Maybe he can bring it over when we come to visit".

Is my wife now accepting my expensive musical purchases? LOL. All I have to tell her next time is that it is "powerful".

Anyone else have something to share?

That sounds like something you dreamed. You sure you didn’t finish the second mix, collapse due to exhaustion, and dream up the rest of the story?

If not— if this was real—well, I don’t even know what to say. I can’t even imagine a WAF scenario that good.

• Bayou Texan, I think this story qualifies.

My wife bought me a Kemper rack 4 years ago for Fathers day. 2 years ago I was looking to buy a new guitar, it was time to retire mine after 26 years.

I had decided on the make and model but there were very few available in the States at that time. I found five for sale and pulled them up on our tv to compare, she choose the one she liked best, so I bought it. Just finished putting together my rig, a new 1 x 12 open back cab and matching 6U rack, Furman rack power supply, Kone and TC Electronic Bam200. Not sure what's going on but she hasn't left yet lol!

Have to do some remodeling on the home over the next year but that should allow me to slip in a remote next year, maybe....

• HowardBrown I use a similar trick with my wife when buying a new guitar. After winning an argument about buying another guitar telling her "I need that one because it has a special sound", I let her pick out the color. Then she tells friends, "I picked this one and that one and that one out". ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.