Crash... and down she went... thanks Kemper!!!

• It took a pretty hard hit but seems fine. I just found several other people in the forum that suffered the same thing... and yet Kemper keeps right on selling them. Which is quite telling!! Thanks Christoph... way to look after your customers!!!

The older I get, the better I was.

• Genuine question, were you using the shoulder strap? I've never used the strap and think it went straight in the back of a drawer. My bag has been entirely robust and confidence inspiring so I wonder what the difference is.

• The unfortunate truth about the Kemper-branded bag is this apparent flaw.

I thought it was an early-run problem that was addressed later. Perhaps not.

I bought the Gator Transit bag that holds the Remote and Toaster. Works well, but I rarely use the shoulder strap. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes I was using the shoulder strap... it was raining pretty hard and I didn't want to have to make a third trip to the car holding the umbrella. I didn't think I was risking anything as it looked like a piece of metal (instead of whatever composite crap it really is). Needless to say my love and respect of Kemper went out the window and while it may sound quite petty, I don't think I'll be recommending them anymore. Who know what other low quality parts are ready to expire, and for the prices they charge this shouldn't even be a thing <technical term>. :P

The older I get, the better I was.

• I understand your frustration.

Considering Kemper contracts an outside company to manufacture the bag, it was a known issue years ago and addressed it with a design change of the strap junction. Yours is the first I’ve heard of personally since like….2018?

That’s a metal casting, and a design you can find on many bags. Sometimes, stuff makes it past QC that only an X-ray or microscope would find. Nothing is ever 100%, every time.

I *do* understand why you’re upset. How could you not be? The frustration and feeling of betrayal sucks.

Damning the entire company and its products though? Nah.

(This isn’t meant to be argumentative. You’re pissed and have every right to be. I do feel for you.)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I carry a toaster plus the remote, so it's fairly heavy, and I've routinely used the shoulder strap.

I've never used the strap and think it went straight in the back of a drawer.

I'm going to do the same, just to be on the safe side. The only way to truly know if there's potential for that piece of metal to fail is after it happens. I'll just make the extra trip.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10