Rig Manager - insert slot/shuffle performances

• OK, I now understand what you are trying to do. As others have already said though, this would be a fundamental change to the Kemper workflow and something that would be unpopular with many users (myself included). Kemper don't see the Slots as a single array. Each Performance is an individual entity. The array is the 5 slots in each performance.

You could conceivably achieve what you want by using Browser mode rather than Performances.

• For your specific requirement you may be better off using browser mode instead of performance mode.

Name the rigs with a number at the start (01, 02 03 etc ) so the sorting has them in order. In system settings turn on the “single rig” instead of “group of 5”.

Then just keep hitting NEXT / UP.

Inserting in the middle you could name it 02a XXX which would place it after 02 once sorted.

I’ve actually contemplated doing this for theatre shows with sequential patches but haven’t tried it as yet.

If this worked, you could ditch the Stage at your feet all together and just have a single button midi controller at your feet to increment up.

• OK i thought i'd have a play with this as i've been meaning to for ages.. using Browser mode instead of Performance mode. For me this might actually be very useful. Thought you'd be interested.

one thing i thought of was - really need to be able to combine rigs for certain shows and know what show they are for.. the only way i could think to do that was to use the "Author" field. So if i made the Author field the name of the show.. and then on Kemper you can filter to that Author (would be great if there was more flexibility on this filter.. but i guess this will work). That will give me just the rigs for that show. And if they have numbers at the start, that means they'll be in sequence order.

Then i happen to have a midi controller that i got for doing something similar on my helix.. so i just gave that a quick shot and it works (configured to mimic the "UP" button. The nice thing is the power coming out of the USB port on the Kemper seems to supply enough voltage to power it too - so i might not need a separate power supply! That's rather neat..!!

Recorded a quick vid showing the above;

https://youtu.be/t0D4GlUuIhE

• great hear floyd99 ?

Only thin I would suggest is configuring an UP and Down button just in case you accidentally go one Rig too far forward in the heat of a show.

For this type of functionality you can even use a simple Two Button momentary switch that does need midi or power and costs next to nothing.

agree.

Yep, i've configured the midi for long press to go backwards :)

and yes definitely a two button footswitch would be simpler. I just happened to have a midi one so thought i'd try it out.

• brilliant. Thanks for taking the time to do this:-)