MIDI Advice Please!

• As a result of the discussion in this post: Small MIDI Controller for Profiler

I purchased a Yamaha MD-BT01 and downloaded a bluetooth-compliant MIDI controller app on my android tablet (MIDI Controller by Volcano Mobile).

And now I have no idea where to start with setting up the app. My (only) intended use for the MIDI controller is to change Profiler performances on the fly from my tablet, mounted on my mic stand. The purpose is to directly load a performance with the MIDI controller rather than using the Profiler Remote, Bank Up/Down and Slot buttons when switching performances between songs. My knowledge of / experience with MIDI is very very limited.

I don't expect anyone to know the ins and outs of this specific app but I imagine they're all pretty similar. Could I get a general overview of the process, and which parameters I need to concern myself with?

I know this is a vague ask and I appreciate whatever help y'all can offer. :thumbup:

Too many guitars, not enough strings!

• i bought one a few years ago.

Heres a demo for controlling kemper

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks, y'all.

Yoda, I had downloaded the main manual and read the MIDI chapter; but I did not know there was a separate MIDI document. I have it now and it definitely fills out the parameter details.

Slateboy, very cool vid.

Too many guitars, not enough strings!