Organizing Profiles by moving them to your computer

• Hello I have had the KPA for a while now and have accumulated something like 500 profiles haha and even tho I know how to back up the profiler on a thumb drive, my question is while the Kemper is plugged in to my comp I want to remove all my profiles on my KPA and put them on my computer so I can then cherry pick and put only the most needed ones back on so I can keep it organized. Also it will keep all the others safe incase I need a full restore, and I think it will help with boot up time if I only had say 20 profiles on there which would be a big help!!!

Is there a way to do this?

or do I put it all on a thumb drive, then put it in my comp and copy everything over and after just delete the things I don't want on the Kemper itself??? I was hoping having it plugged in would be faster :) thank you so much

cheers!!

Kris

• Hello I have had the KPA for a while now and have accumulated something like 500 profiles haha and even tho I know how to back up the profiler on a thumb drive, my question is while the Kemper is plugged in to my comp I want to remove all my profiles on my KPA and put them on my computer so I can then cherry pick and put only the most needed ones back on so I can keep it organized. Also it will keep all the others safe incase I need a full restore, and I think it will help with boot up time if I only had say 20 profiles on there which would be a big help!!!

Is there a way to do this?

or do I put it all on a thumb drive, then put it in my comp and copy everything over and after just delete the things I don't want on the Kemper itself??? I was hoping having it plugged in would be faster :) thank you so much

cheers!!

Kris

Will boot up be faster with less profiles inside the Kemper?

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• On many devices having 500 rigs would bog it down, but I was amazed by how small files are on the KPA. The way perimeters are adjusted internally is smart. I went down from 400 to 80 and really didn't notice the difference. There isn't a huge amount of data being loaded there either way. I did the same thing and trimmed mine down to just the stuff I would most likely use. The rest is Local PC & Full backups of all packs on a passport.

• also make a backup. ;)

I've just copied all my 999 (yes, I know...!) rigs on My Profiler in RM and put them in a new folder on my desktop. I guess this is a backup...? or would it be advisible to again copy this folder and put it on a external 4 Tb HD?

The next step I want to take is deleting all those rigs in My Profiler (through RM). So then I have a completely empty profiler again, except for all fx and amps (Is this right?).

Finally I can fill the Profiler (again through RM latest version) again but now with much less but more useful rigs from my (backupped) folder and/or new rigs.

Right?

• I like to have multiple redundant backups, so I also use the PROFILER's backup to USB stick feature and back up these again to the PC since they're so small in size.

Yes, you're right! Copying 999 krigs takes much less than 1 minute. And as for redundant and my experience...

falling back to a previous certain good rig you used to play is never far away.

Thanks, Don!