Rig Manager: Entering an exact value for a preset parameter

• Hello Kemper Team,

I tried many times to set an exact value for a preset parameter (i.e. delay time 380ms).

As in the rig manager the corresponding knob can be moved by the mouse, the value jumps in a specific amount - sometimes by 10 but never by 1. Therefore the exact value cannot be set.

I am asking to make a possibility, just to double click on a parameter knob for example and then should appear a (small) text field to enter the exact value by the keyboard.

Probably there might be a way to set an exact value already, but I didn't found yet nor a hint. Otherwise I'm absolutely happy with my new Kemper's.

Thank you very much

Pascal Broye

• Yes, his would be a great update. I was trying to set a synced tempo delay to match a tempo in a DAW yesterday. The tempo was 120 but I could only get 119.9 or 120.1. I know that in reality a difference of 0.1 of a quarter note will make zero difference in a track but it would still be nice and muuch easier to simply double click and type a value.

• I’m actually fine with the granularity of the Shift + mode. Making it more granular would make it slower to use. I would rather leave it as is and just add a click to type for quickest entry and ultimate fine detail entry.

This is quite surprising to me: on my system it's definitely too gross to be meaningfully more useful than the mouse alone...
    Might this be depending on one's computer, settings etc?

Anyway, Shift should be used when you are already nearby the value you are after, I don't think it would slow things down significantly :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• jesus christ!!! why!?!?!?!?! i wanna make my delay 70 bpm...not 70.1..... I'm cryyyinggggg

I can think of two reasons as start....You're playing with a live drummer, or a drum track that was recorded live without a click.

There are numerous other scenarios, but those are two I encounter all the time.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As a workaround, try to reduce the mouse sensitivity. Lower mouse sens should give more granular control. Another solution would be to increase mouse DPI.

I'm not sure how common it is, but in Propellerheads' Reason software, there is a system setting for how precise knob movements should be. That would be a swell feature.