Browser / Type knob function

• Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Let's say I long press the delay module to change it to something else and turn the browser knob. As soon as I turn the type knob the selections jump a mile away and I have to scroll through what seems like every effect type to get back. I would like it that when I select and turn browser/type knob that it stays right where it was when I turned the browser knob not jump 8 effects down. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?

• You can use the knobs under the LCD as well. So what would be the Bass knob selects a value in the first column, Mid selects column two and Treble selects column 3. The Browse knob seems to only scroll the third column.

• Thanks I had no idea about the three bottom knobs. I didn't see it in the manual, and when the screen is up, you don't see lines connecting them like you would other functions. How did you discover this? Anyway, this helped a bunch and made things so much easier, I wonder if more people don't know of this because on videos I see people using the browser knob and scrolling for miles. There's a button over the type knob that changes the way things are scrolled, I wonder if that changes the way the 3 bottom knobs scroll? (I'll have to check it out) I doubt I'll touch the type knob again, I can't think of why I would right now. You gave me a whole new way of scrolling!

• Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Let's say I long press the delay module to change it to something else and turn the browser knob. As soon as I turn the type knob the selections jump a mile away and I have to scroll through what seems like every effect type to get back. I would like it that when I select and turn browser/type knob that it stays right where it was when I turned the browser knob not jump 8 effects down. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do?

This is a known bug that annoys me every goddamn day :). Doesn't seem like Kemper has it very high on the priority list though.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This is a known bug that annoys me every goddamn day :). Doesn't seem like Kemper has it very high on the priority list though.

Learn the way of the "secret" 3 as I have and greatly improve your menu FX hunting!

If you use the bottom 3 knobs (as described)it is MUCH faster than fiddling with the two settings of the "type" knob and browser encoder. Now that I have been enlightened it is a not issue for me. Using those 3 knobs, I can quickly zip to where I want to go. Just turn browser knob 1 click then use the three to go through the hierarchy tree :Type, sub-type and the last column. Personally, I'm satisfied and maybe will never touch the "type" encoder as the three knobs do much more faster. Right now, (admittedly with very little experience using these three secret magic knobs), I don't see a use for the "type" encoder anymore. There likely is one, but I'm not seeing it now.

Honestly I've never owned anything that I keep finding solutions for most every one of my niggles like I have with my KPA and help from this forum. I love it.

• Just tried it. The bug is that when I turn the browse knob as the first thing the preset list end up in a non-related section:

I'm in a reverb module when I turn browse but the preset list starts in drive presets.

Only happens once for every kemper reboot but equally annoying each time.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hard to say what Kemper wanted with the Browse knob at this point, but it might be a bug. But what I described to Dynchrome - if you turn Browse just once to get to your what your screenshot shows, you can then use the Bass, Mid and Treble soft knobs below the LCD to somewhat more correctly choose Category, Type and Preset. If you continue scrolling with Browse you often start way back in a different section.

• It is a bug for sure. It works as expected the second time. My workaround right now is to quickly hit down and up on the rig buttons. That fixes it too. I bet I could do a quick scroll down and up with the mid knob as well as you say.

• That's what was frustrating me.

• Burkhard any chance this could get prioritized? Hopefully an easy fix?