So Kemper pulled out of AMS's EZ payment plans...weird.

• That's how I got my Stage and wouldn't own it were it not for American Musical. I was looking to buy a pair of powered cabs and pay over 12 months. They don't have them at AMS yet, but if they did I still couldn't cause Kemper ixnay'd their EZ payment system for Kemper products. Bizarre.

• I thought that was something offered by AMS, not Kemper. I could have done that on my Fryette Power Station if I wanted to when I bought it through there. Sweetwater does it too but they don't have the powered Kabinets yet.

• It's not unusual for some brands to be excluded from those plans. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Zzounds that way - you can buy Kemper from them, but they only offer a 3 payment plan, where a lot of the brands will go as far as 12 months. (My very mundane guess is that it has something to do with accounting, and maybe how long a manufacturer will wait to be paid for the product.) I probably would have gone with Zzounds for my Profiler Stage had they offered longer terms.

• These type of deals are retail dependant, nothing to do with Kemper, 3 months, 24 months, gear offered are sale promotions.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The manufacturer has no say in how their gear is paid for. They can dictate price and what dealers carry it.

They couldn’t care less how the money arrives.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The manufacturer has no say in how their gear is paid for. They can dictate price and what dealers carry it.

It's not about how it arrives, and I'm sure they are concerned with when.

What I was referring to was fairly standard billing practices of a 30/60/90 payment schedule - we ship you 100 widgets, and you have to pay us within 90 days. That might facilitate longer payment arrangements, where a company that insisted on payment within 30 days might not have as much flexibility. Now, I'm just speculating since I don't have any inside info on anyone's arrangements, but it might explain why it's hard to get boutique gear on such terms.

• I got a $12,000 Sweetwater credit card for 24 months at 0% interest on all my purchases. Can't beat that payment plan.

Yeah, but that's not Sweetwater extending that credit, it's Synchrony Bank. They're behind a lot of consumer credit. The payment plan is a good deal if you make the payments - Synchrony is banking on you being late. ;)

• Yeah, but that's not Sweetwater extending that credit, it's Synchrony Bank. They're behind a lot of consumer credit. The payment plan is a good deal if you make the payments - Synchrony is banking on you being late. ;)

It's actually Sweetwater who makes the 24 month 0% interest policy. I also got a promo of $50 off a $250 or more purchase if made using the card, so I bought a Jackson SDX at the time. I always take advantage of 0% interest cards.

But yes, if you can't pay on time then no use having a credit card unless you live in the US in which case you can rack up over $200,000 in credit card debt, file bankruptcy, keep all the things you bought with the card, and your house, and your car, and have the government pay your bill, and start all over again. :rolleyes:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That's not really how bankruptcy works, but that's not pertinent to the topic either.

What I said was Sweetwater is not extending you credit. It's not their money you're borrowing, it's Synchrony Bank's. They specialize in retail credit, including PayPal Credit accounts.

• I do this reverse credit thing, where I pay a certain amount each month to this guy (me) and when I get to the full amount of the thing to be purchased I buy it. ?

OK - so that's how disciplined I WANT to be... ?

• It's not about how it arrives, and I'm sure they are concerned with when.

What I was referring to was fairly standard billing practices of a 30/60/90 payment schedule - we ship you 100 widgets, and you have to pay us within 90 days. That might facilitate longer payment arrangements, where a company that insisted on payment within 30 days might not have as much flexibility. Now, I'm just speculating since I don't have any inside info on anyone's arrangements, but it might explain why it's hard to get boutique gear on such terms.

The manufacturers are paid when they ship to the distributor or dealer. It’s the dealer’s problem to extend credit or not.

No way a manufacturer sits and waits for their item to sell before payment for it. Kemper being paid and the consumer paying for their specific Profiler aren’t connected in this manner.

Actually, this is incorrect. All Kemper products are off the EZ payment plan and Kemper is the one who made the request they do it.

• No...not true. Kemper was the one who made the request.

Ok - and you know this how?

I ask because on AMS’s own website - it shows 3 interest free payments next to every Kemper product on the page.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• That's not really how bankruptcy works, but that's not pertinent to the topic either.

It worked exactly like that for a goofball friend of mine, and then he went out and bought another new car on credit. Yes, another topic.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Ok - and you know this how?

I ask because on AMS’s own website - it shows 3 interest free payments next to every Kemper product on the page.

AMS credit department TOLD me, that's how.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Kemper is a brand that we are no longer able to offer our in house financing for purchases. We do have financing available through Affirm for Kemper products. This was changed this spring, by request from Kemper directly. The 200 watt Kemper Kabinet is not currently offered in our inventory, we may end up adding this in the future. The only recommendation that I can make, is to check our site from time to time to see if this has been added.