So Kemper pulled out of AMS's EZ payment plans...weird.

• On June 29, 2021, private equity firm Providence Equity Partners acquired retail company Sweetwater Sound, Inc.

I think it was more of a percentage investment and not a takeover so SW could do more business globally.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• AMS credit department TOLD me, that's how.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Kemper is a brand that we are no longer able to offer our in house financing for purchases. We do have financing available through Affirm for Kemper products. This was changed this spring, by request from Kemper directly. The 200 watt Kemper Kabinet is not currently offered in our inventory, we may end up adding this in the future. The only recommendation that I can make, is to check our site from time to time to see if this has been added.

Now that we can actually see what AMS said, I can only surmise they somehow pissed Kemper off (not the first manufacturer they would have done that to), or there is some other reason we’ll never know.

Didn’t realize they had that sort of influence, and I’m quite surprised.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I wonder why they make manufacturers mad? They're my fave. I wouldn't own a lot of cool stuff without them. Thankfully I got mine when I did. In some ways I suppose it brings up the resale value of used because some people who would have done 12 EZs may now only have used as an option.

• I wonder why they make manufacturers mad? They're my fave. I wouldn't own a lot of cool stuff without them. Thankfully I got mine when I did. In some ways I suppose it brings up the resale value of used because some people who would have done 12 EZs may now only have used as an option.

Releasing products before official availability. At least once, they did it before announcement.

• Also, while some see them as "enabling people to get cool stuff" it's not hard to view them as exploiting people to get themselves into debt and then chasing them for extortionate interest and penalties. I personally view them as the latter.

• Also, while some see them as "enabling people to get cool stuff" it's not hard to view them as exploiting people to get themselves into debt and then chasing them for extortionate interest and penalties. I personally view them as the latter.

I’ve spent the last 12+ years working in 3rd party collections. If they can’t pay the principle, they can’t pay the fees and interest.

Are banks greedy? Sure. Just look up the 2008 housing crisis. But…

Chasing bad debt can be breathtakingly expensive, and is a regulatory minefield. The consumer has WAY more protection than a business has ever had.

Fiscal responsibility should be taught alongside basic math. But you can’t drop the responsibility entirely on the lender. I’ve seen too many people who knew better…did it anyway….and then played the system to get away with it.

I agree. I hate how my internet browser reroutes me to retail websites against my will and forces me to purchase things on credit that I cannot afford.

• Yeah yeah - I know it comes down to personal accountability and many people have what it takes to do the cashflow dance with loan sharks. Many unfortunately get trapped into paying huge interest and penalties because they never should have been given the credit in the first place.

• well just to stir the pot....

If the axe fx had finance agreements I'd have bought one. I reckon I've had my kemper maybe 8 years now.

I know what people will say.... dump one on a credit card... but im not really prepared to do that.

Axe fx 3 with floorboards and pedals is eye watering. Maybe a bit excessive for z bedroom player.

Still love the kemper but I do feel like I need a change !

• The manufacturers are paid when they ship to the distributor or dealer.

Actually no. Major retailers often have agreements to pay the net costs within a certain time frame. That's the 30/60/90 I was referring to - if your terms are to pay the net within 90 days then that's when the bill is due.

As to how much that may or may not factor into EZ pay plans, only the retailer could say.

• I agree. I hate how my internet browser reroutes me to retail websites against my will and forces me to purchase things on credit that I cannot afford.

Having a meth kiosk at every street corner is similar. It's only a problem for people that can't control themselves.

• After contacting Kemper US, they tell me...

"That is wrong. That would have been me that made that call. They want US to pay for financing and we don’t, so sounds like they are trying to blame us for not offering THEIR financing."