a rig puzzle with wah

• I'm struggling with a random rig with a wah in the first A slot. I have my Boss FV-500 expression pedal connected to my profiler ( input Pedal) through a stereo cable as usual. The only effect I get every time is a slight increase of volume, so cable is not broken. Tried everything but no wah. Pedal is set to Bypass @ heel (like I always do). Have tried several wah types but all I get is volume. Any suggestions anyone? I'm out of options.

• Is the expression pedal input configured as Wah? If so is Wah > Volume also ticked?

Load wah and turn on in slot. As you have set to Bypass@heel it should automatically turn off when pedal is in heel position. Next check the pedal range is not set to 0 in the Wah block itself.

the most common problem is having the pedal input configured as Morph or Volume rather than Wah.

• You set up your expression pedals in System (page 6 through 11), with the appropriate mode and function, then calibrate. Make sure it's plugged in the right spot (in one of the 4 remote inputs or 2 of the KPA), then in the stomp block set the wah at whatever pedal mode you want (bypass at heel?). If by "activating" the wah you mean turning it on/off, well you can assign that stomp to a remote button or leave it always on if it's set to Bypass at heel/toe or touch.

• Is the expression pedal input configured as Wah? If so is Wah > Volume also ticked?

Load wah and turn on in slot. As you have set to Bypass@heel it should automatically turn off when pedal is in heel position. Next check the pedal range is not set to 0 in the Wah block itself.

the most common problem is having the pedal input configured as Morph or Volume rather than Wah.

I did everything you mention here..! But I have found out what the problem was. I used to set wah on Pedal 1 and there it was. Now I have to go to System first and choose Pedal 2 (in Mode) and Wah ( in Function). I didn't know that. Has this routing been changed?

• sounds as if you are confusing pedal 1-6 which describes the actual pedal input on the Profiler and Remote with pedal type 1 and 2 which addresses two different types of expression pedals. Nothing has changed in the way pedals are configured. You select the pedal settings page for the pedal input to which the pedal is connected with a TRS cable, calibrate the pedal and choose the desired function.

• Thank you, Kemper Support #1. It doesn't matter how long one owns a Kemper Profiler. Every day you learn and discover new routings, new possibilities and new ways to get where you want to be... :):thumbup:

• You set up your expression pedals in System (page 6 through 11), with the appropriate mode and function, then calibrate. Make sure it's plugged in the right spot (in one of the 4 remote inputs or 2 of the KPA), then in the stomp block set the wah at whatever pedal mode you want (bypass at heel?). If by "activating" the wah you mean turning it on/off, well you can assign that stomp to a remote button or leave it always on if it's set to Bypass at heel/toe or touch.

Thank you JedMackenna for clearing this up! :thumbup::)