Problem setting up network so it can assign proper IP address to Kemper to work with Rig Manager app.

• The IP address shows under Details, I have no issues with any other wireless or Network setups. Spoke with tech support and was left with "It should work, mine does, it's very simple". Except we went through all the settings and "It should work" isn't working. I see there was a previous thread from June that was closed (so was my case that was never solved).

I really would like more help, other than, "I don't know what to tell you, it should be working".

Thanks.

• Please check the following requirements:

Disclaimer

Made for iPad mini 4, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (5th, 6th, 7th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (1st and 2nd generation).

Minimum requirement iOS13.

• There is only one way I know of to connect to a computer or device. Connect a USB cable to "back" USB port of profiler to the devices USB port. Not a cat 5. The front USB port is only for plugging in a thumb drive.

If you want to connect wireless --- you need a Stage.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• There was an iPad IOS Rig Manager app that was released to control the Kemper from an iPad. Don’t need a Stage to connect wireless. That is why Kemper released the wireless Rig Manager app and directions on connecting the Cat 5 cable, looking up that there is an IP Address (which there is), but it’s just not connecting when I launch Rig Manager on the iPad. Rig manager on my Mac Pro works fine controlling the Kemper using the the USB port.

Edited 3 times, last by TheGhost ().

• There was an iPad and iPhone IOS Rig Manager app that was released to control the Kemper from an iPad or iPhone

Rig Manager iOS is not compatible with an iPhone. The app is iPad only. If you require technical support, please contact support though the form on the Kemper website.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Rig Manager iOS is not compatible with an iPhone. The app is iPad only. If you require technical support, please contact support though the form on the Kemper website.

Correct, don’t know why I typed iPhone. Thanks for catching that, I have corrected my post.

• I am going to state the obvious but are you sure you are on the correct wi-fi network on your iPad?

No problem, sometimes we overlook the obvious.

Yes, on the correct wi-if network and also confirmed with tech support.

The frustration I am having is, I had a lengthy discussion with tech support. I sent them screen shots. They agreed everything appeared to be set up correctly and it should communicate, but it is not. I control Pro Tools remotely, my robotic microphone, cameras, etc… All those work just fine using an iPad app on the same network. On my first generation Kemper toaster under details it shows an IP address (connected through a Cat 5 cable). But, the Rig manager app can’t find my Kemper. It just searches and searches.

I decided to try here, hoping somebody might have had a similar issue and found a solution.

Edited 4 times, last by TheGhost ().

• what's the IP address it shows? which router/switch/modem do you use?

The IP address starts with 169. I don’t want to give out the entire address on a public forum. I have tried connecting directly to my main Arris NVG468MQ router. I have tried connecting from the Arris through a D-Link DES-1108 which expands the network for everything else with no problems. So, with and without the D-Link in the path. Thanks for your input. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Edited once, last by TheGhost ().

• It sounds like the Profiler is not getting an IP address from the router. See IP address that starts with 169 to understand how I came to that thought.

I'm assuming the Profiler and the iPad have to be on the same subnet. This can only happen if the router is configured to make this happen.

On the router:

1. Do you have DHCP enabled?
      • If not, the router can't give the Profiler an IP address that's on the same subnet as the iPad.
    2. Do you have a limit on the number of connections (a small range of DHCP addresses available)?
    • If you do, there may not be a free IP address to assign to the Profiler.

• Yes, DHCP is my default.

I am not aware of any limits on the number of connections/available addresses for my router. I will try to research that (thanks for the suggestion) I had not thought about that, as it has never been an issue with any other connections. But, maybe I have reached the limit. I will look into it.

Rebooted the router first thing.

Thanks for the questions, answers and links.

Any help is always appreciated. You never know what you don't know. ;)

• The IP address starts with 169.

169.254. x.x: This is what's called an Automatic Private IP address. And that's what you problem is. The Profiler is not a part of your network. What's the IP address of your Ipad? By the way, you can posts those addresses. They're meaningless outside your actual network.

Can you please change the title of this thread? Your issue has nothing to do with your Ipad or the Rig Manager app.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here