Power Kabinet vs Monitor Speakers for Kemper Stage

• Hi everybody,

I'm an owner of a Stage unit. Have used it mostly at rehearsals and occasionally used it at home with headphones.

Would like to practice at home using my Kemper but I can't play loud at my place.

So which is better choice for home practice at low volume? Power Kabinet or a pair of Monitor Speakers?

Or maybe Kabinet + external power amp?

Thanks

• I've used an unpowered Kemper toaster with studio monitors and earlier this year I bought a Camplifier Studio and an unpowered Kabinet.

Either solution (powered or unpowered) with a Kabinet is the way to go, imho, although either do low volume VERY well, the Kabinet is supreme and well well well worth it!

• If you only play at home and want to record or play along with recorded music go monitors. If you want to use it for both home and live/rehearsal go Kabinet.

I have both. As Warmart said, the Kabinet is excellent I definitely use it at gigs and rehearsals with my powered toaster but for home I always end up going back to my studio monitors.

• I play the Kabinet with Studio Monitors sometimes pretty quiet at home. I have the Kabinet set up behind me (mono) with the monitors spread out in front (stereo). Even at low volumes you still get a pretty good feel of being on stage using a cab and FOH.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.