Sound cutting out | Help

• Hey all,

I played tonight and for the first time the sound seemed to lower a lot almost like the treble had been turned all the way down which it was not.

I’m have the kemper stage going through my power stage 700 watt power amp and mission P2 passive cab in mono.

Can anyone tell me what the cause of this would be from?

I haven’t change any settings and this happened tonight for the first time.

thank you!

• You need to identify where in the signal chain the problem occurs. Is it the Kemper, the amp or the speaker.

My first thought is a damaged tweeter or crossover in the Mission cabinet. This should be easy to check though. Send a signal from something else into the Mission. Say a CD or something else with a lot of high frequency content. Is it still dull? If so the problem is the speaker if not got back and check all the settings on the Kemper.

• Is there any reason that it could be the power amp?

I will try another cab I have tonight. I have the Kemper kab as well so I will try this at a low volume and keep an eye on the wattage meter. As long as the sound is full even at a low volume, this should tell me right away correct?

I will also try my kemper power rack through the mission cab as well and see if it's full or dull. If it's full with my Kemper power rack, then it would be the power amp that has an issue?

It could be a cable as well. I changed my cable to an instrument cable last night going from the front input of the Power Stage 700 to Kemper Monitor out.

Previously I was using an audio cable (Unbalanced) and everything worked well but since I could not find anything longer than 10 feet for this audio cable, I went with an instrument cable which in another thread was confirmed this is fine.

Thanks,

Derik