Joining the Kemper family! - Just ordered a Kemper Profiling Amp! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

• Hot diggidy dog! I did it! I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Kemper Profiling amp. I should have it on tuesday. I currently have an Axe FX II but the Kemper has been tempting me for almost a year now. I like the AxeFxII but I just cant seem to gell with it. I guess Im just not into the amount of tweaking I always end up doing and I cant ever seem to find tones that I'm real happy with. I want to plug and play! Some tweaking is fine but having basic profiled rigs at my disposal will be fantastic!

I admit I almost got scared off by a post from another user here who is upset in lack of updates on the Kemper and giving up on it. At first it made me think, hmmmm what If I buy a Kemper and there are not hardly any updates and I essentially buy into an expensive unit that turns out to be just a passing fad? As I pondered this question reality took over, Kemper is still fairly new. It is still in its infancy and it will be growing in function over time and i am confident updates will come. Look at the Axe FXII, It started out in much the same way, a basic barebones unit that was very primitive compared to the current incarnation of the AxeFXII. I believe just as the Axe evolved with frequent updates, so will the Kemper. I am putting my trust and money into it and I trust I am making a wise decision. :)

The tones I have heard from the Kemper feel like they have 'life' behind them. Profiles of real world amplifiers, cabs and effects. For me personally my AXEII while sounding very good and highly tweakable, I feel its a bit sterile sounding. It can sound fantastic but If the Kemper clips I am hearing online sound as good as they do in person, I bet they will blow me away. I am in no way degrading the AxeFXII, I just dont think its right for me personally. For some it will be fantastic but I have tried and tried and I have yet to feel comfortable with it or really excited about the tones I am getting. I know I will be giving up some things I do like like the Axe Edit editor but I am hoping the Kemper will eventually have one as well.

I am banking on the Kemper to deliver. :) I have listened to lots of advice here and read other forums to get opinions beyond the Kemper website. I have read overwhelmingly high praise and I figure all those happy Kemper owners cant be wrong. Also hearing from other former AXFXII owners turned Kemper owners gave me confidence in switching as well.

Ok, I am just very excited and wanted to let everyone know another Kemper user is joining your ranks!

I'll be sure to post my opinions when It arrives next week!

John

• Welcome John! Tell to your Family and to your friends that you're going to be unavailable for a while... :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You will not be disapointed! I came from an Axe FX Std ( not a II ) but with the Axe I was always tweaking and tweaking... With the KPA for big loooot of profiles it is just plug'n play experience! And it sounds just like the real thing! Sorry but I have to go back playing! :thumbup:

Pierre

• Congratulations and have fun!
    :)

• "Welcome To The Machine"

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.
    You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
    provided with toys and Scouting for Boys.
    You bought a guitar to punish your ma,
    And you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool,

So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.
    You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
    He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his Jaguar.

So welcome to the machine.

• "Play more...Tweak less", that is the way of the Kemper! :thumbup:

I also came from the same place as you, always tweaking my sound and never feeling like it was just right.
    Biggest change for me is I use less effects now and I can dial in a good tone in very little time. I hope you find the same is true for you, don't be worried from a few negative posts because this thing is still great and only going to get better with time. The other thing that really caught me by surprise is how well it sounds through the headphones, first time I have ever enjoyed playing through headphones is with the Kemper.

Enjoy! Your in for a real treat and lots of friends here.

• The only thing you are going to regret is that there is only 24 hours in the day to play it. Seriously, I've been up all night playing 12 hrs straight. Where did all the time go? Damn my left hand fingers are blistered!
    I can't imagine playing through any other modeler/profiler, It's already the real deal and any future firmware upgrades are icing on the cake. ..and Oh what a cake the Kemper is!
    You better sell your AXE before everyone finds out about the space toaster! Saturated market for used AXE IIs in the future?

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach