Help profiling Marshall JMP-1?

• As the title states, I need someone's help profiling the Marshall JMP-1 preamp. I want to do a profile where I can add an impulse response/cabinet later and NOT use the emulated speaker output. When I go from the master out into the return of the profiler I get the error "reference amp is too noisy" or that no reference amp is connected. Is there something I am doing wrong or a step I missed?

• Make sure that you select no cab in the preferences when profiling. I had a few problems with JMP-1 and a Rocktron Prophesy preamp, but got it in the end.

After a lot of messing around, I found that working with IRs will not take full advantage of the Kemper though. There is something special about the way it captures with cabinet.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Make sure that you select no cab in the preferences when profiling. I had a few problems with JMP-1 and a Rocktron Prophesy preamp, but got it in the end.

After a lot of messing around, I found that working with IRs will not take full advantage of the Kemper though. There is something special about the way it captures with cabinet.

Were you able to have high gain settings work fine? I have my gain between 17-20 and cannot profile it for the life of me. Always gives me the "too noisy" error.

• Were you able to have high gain settings work fine? I have my gain between 17-20 and cannot profile it for the life of me. Always gives me the "too noisy" error.

Will it profile correctly at gain below 17? Like maybe 5, 7, and 10?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Were you able to have high gain settings work fine? I have my gain between 17-20 and cannot profile it for the life of me. Always gives me the "too noisy" error.

With OD1 and bass shift on I managed flat out on 20. I think OD2 was between 16 & 18, although it was a years ago now. They were both profiled without a cab.

I have had the too noisy issue with a Marshall 800 and drive pedal, but not on these preamps. I guess you have swapped out all the leads

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Okay, so I was able to profile it but it is not coming out quite as good as I imagined. Is this due to not having a power amp OR a di box? I'm confused as to what a DI box would do in my case of profiling a preamp, and if it's necessary. I'm wondering if it's due to not having a power amp?