Morphing Gain, which way to go?

• Howdy and the whatnot,

So I recently was expermentaing again with morphing gain and other amp block parameters from no gain to high gain and I've found that I can clean up a high gain profile ok and I can focus and tighten up a fully distorted clean profile pretty good.

What do yall do? Anyone here choose an edge of break up or slight crunch profile and then save two morph settings that has one cleaner and one wayyyyyy dirtier? Gonna give that a go here in a bit but was wondering what yall think or what y'all do when doing this idea. Chairs!

• I see what you mean, or hear, I should say. It has a big aggressive sound. I believe doing this at loud volume with a friend once suprised both of us. Cant say i feel the same in the headphones tho, I usually increase definition most of the time but it's a tight articulate boosted high gain sound I go for often.

Today's test was arranging profiles sorted by gain and from 0 to about 5 or 6. I found 2 to 4 on the gain to be the best to go in either direction. I might even start using this as a baseline for new rigs.

• What do yall do? Anyone here choose an edge of break up or slight crunch profile and then save two morph settings that has one cleaner and one wayyyyyy dirtier? Gonna give that a go here in a bit but was wondering what yall think or what y'all do when doing this idea. Chairs!

I didn't know you can set up multiple morphs per rig. Is that what you are saying? Can you actually do that? Or are you saying two different settings that you morph between?

• now that I think about about, if we had an expression pedal with some notches in it, would could have 3. This idea applied to midi could maybe be assigned to external footswitches. It wouldn't be a real 3 morphing preset tho, it would be 2 with a stop in the middle acting as a third.

• now that I think about about, if we had an expression pedal with some notches in it, would could have 3. This idea applied to midi could maybe be assigned to external footswitches. It wouldn't be a real 3 morphing preset tho, it would be 2 with a stop in the middle acting as a third.

Or you could just use an expression pedal instead of the switch method and have as many as you like. 1 and 2 would be the extremes in between would be totally variable.