Solved: Kemper doesn't have any Kone option..

• I'm following the Kemper tutorials on how to activate the Kabinet function on my powerhhead, but it isn't there?? In the poweramp mode, when I scroll all the way to the right, there is no "Kemper Kone" option is not there..it ends at "Power Amp"..

• 8.5.8 is the latest release.

I forget where the Kone became available, but you definitely need to update.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If you are running older than 7.3 you need to update to that first then update beyond that to the latest version.

To upgrade PROFILER Head™, PROFILER PowerHead™, PROFILER Rack™, and PROFILER PowerRack™ via USB memory stick from OS versions before OS 7.3, OS 7.3.2 needs to be installed first! Older versions than OS 7.3 on these models don't recognize this new integrated OS revision. For this purpose OS 7.3.2 can be found on the Download Page at Older Software Versions:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

• The current Rig Manager revision is 3.2. It will handle the PROFILER OS update automatically. If your current PROFILER OS is older than 7.3, it will perform a two step update of that OS. But first Rig Manager needs to be updated. This should also happen automatically. If it doesn't, reason might be that your PC OS is too old and doesn't support the current Rig Manager revision. Check compatibility on the KEMPER download page.

• The current Rig Manager revision is 3.2. It will handle the PROFILER OS update automatically. If your current PROFILER OS is older than 7.3, it will perform a two step update of that OS. But first Rig Manager needs to be updated. This should also happen automatically. If it doesn't, reason might be that your PC OS is too old and doesn't support the current Rig Manager revision. Check compatibility on the KEMPER download page.

Thanks..My PC is only 3 yrs old..Weird..My Kemper is only a year old (...direct from Kemper..) Why do I have an OS system that is years old?!??!??! Did the update (took almost 30 minutes..I guess the Kemper boys have been busy updating!) Thanks for the hlep

• Got everything updated..I've learned Im not a fan of the Cab... I get it...and I see how it works great for some..not my thing.. I find the built in cab sims that are on the profiles are great for recording direct, and my 1x12 V30 or recto cab work just fine for that (air in the room feel.) I guess I don't need all of the additional speaker options like I thought I did.

• Got everything updated..I've learned Im not a fan of the Cab... I get it...and I see how it works great for some..not my thing.. I find the built in cab sims that are on the profiles are great for recording direct, and my 1x12 V30 or recto cab work just fine for that (air in the room feel.) I guess I don't need all of the additional speaker options like I thought I did.

Are you using it with the Kemper Kabinet or a cabinet loaded with the Kone speaker?

• Are you using it with the Kemper Kabinet or a cabinet loaded with the Kone speaker?

I hadn’t even considered this.

Without the Kone speaker, the imprints won’t sound right. The Kone and imprints are specifically designed for each other.

Using other speakers might give decent results, but definitely not what was ever intended.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I hadn’t even considered this.

Without the Kone speaker, the imprints won’t sound right. The Kone and imprints are specifically designed for each other.

Using other speakers might give decent results, but definitely not what was ever intended.

Most of the profiles I use are profiled with a V30, or just sound great through a V30 loaded cab...I bought the Kemper cab (..has the Kone..what else would it have??) thinking I wanted all of these different speaker type options, but nope, I like 1 or 2 maybe, so I don't need it. I hear it sounding pretty good for different types of cleans, but for the modern hi-gain stuff, either one of my V30 cabs already sound great (..of course I turn the "Cab" sim button off to monitor.) Again, the profuiles I use are profiled with V-30 or OS Recto V30 cab, so for when I need to be loud and have the air moving, I just plug my Powerhead into one of those cabs, still use the main outs for PA or recording. The Kone/cab just isn't for me. Love the Powerhead tho : )