Solved: Kemper doesn't have any Kone option..

• Most of the profiles I use are profiled with a V30, or just sound great through a V30 loaded cab...I bought the Kemper cab (..has the Kone..what else would it have??) thinking I wanted all of these different speaker type options, but nope, I like 1 or 2 maybe, so I don't need it. I hear it sounding pretty good for different types of cleans, but for the modern hi-gain stuff, either one of my V30 cabs already sound great (..of course I turn the "Cab" sim button off to monitor.) Again, the profuiles I use are profiled with V-30 or OS Recto V30 cab, so for when I need to be loud and have the air moving, I just plug my Powerhead into one of those cabs, still use the main outs for PA or recording. The Kone/cab just isn't for me. Love the Powerhead tho : )

I fully understand what you're saying. When I got my Kemper, I assumed that I wanted amp x for clean, amp y for crunch and amp z for lead. Then a few others for certain sections.

I've enjoyed the journey of finding what profiles produce my preferred sounds and the ability to try new ones whenever I get bored but like you, my preferred sounds aren't all that different and don't require a number of different speakers to produce when one decent one will do.

• Yep - it all depends on your usage of it. As you say - the full profiles with cabs baked in are ideal for the PA. In that situation any good guitar cab on stage is fine to give you the amp on stage sound and feel (and interaction with the guitar for feedback etc).

If you have wide tonal requirements and regularly find yourself in jam sessions, small venues with crap PAs, or anywhere you just need an amp, the Kab is great. The difference between a V30 and a vintage Jensen is huge with some of the small Fender amp profiles I like, but only a V30 sounds right with a Bogner Shiva to me. It's not essential, but the difference is obvious to me.

• Thanks for all of the comments and input. I just watched ythis video blow..I cannot even get any where close to these sounds. I have followed all of the tutorials on the Kemper site...I cannot get a warm natural tone out of this thing to save my life....No problem getting AMAZING tones direct (studio monitors) or thru the previously mentioned 112 V30 cab... I wonder if something is wrong with it... Harsh, out of phase, un-natural come to mind..I bought it used , so no recourse with the compnay...ugg.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great news

I'm still having a bit of trouble dialing out some very bright treble...I've tried using an EQ (Graphic & studio)..Can't seem to find the frequecy to dial out...Somewhere between 4 and 8K... The V30 imprint, GreenBack 25 imprint super bright and harsh.. I also tried a Hi-end cutanything over 9K...Any suggestions?