More user defined functions for Remote buttons/more features

• I think the Remote has a great design to pair with the Kemper, but it's time that it was updated to allow for users to define their own functions, rather than one size fits all.

For example:
    1) As a vocalist and guitarist, I often find it difficult to remember which button to press next to jump to a patch in a song.

It would be cool if I could be able to programme the Remote so that if I hit a single button, it will jump to rig 1 in a performance, then rig 2, then rig 3... Similarly, I should be able to hit a single button to scroll down through the rigs in a performance.

Just a single button to do this would make life more simple. Normal function should of course be available to anyone who desires it.

In this vein, it would also make sense to allow user defined functions for other buttons, with the option for the layout to be applicable on a per patch or global basis.

2) It would be cool to be able to multi-select multiple effects in any rig, rather than the current restriction of two on or two off. For example, for an ambient section, I would like to be able to activate the delay and reverb, as well as a chorus and some modulation with a single button press, instead of having to press two buttons.

I know Kemper Amps intended for us to jump to an altogether different patch, but there are situations where this might not be feasible, such as when there are more patch changes than currently permitted in a performance.

3) It would be nice to have a mode that displays all the performances on a Kemper and then be able to scroll to the right one.

For example, if we hold bank up or bank down, we should see a screen that provides a list of all the performance names on the Kemper that we can scroll through till we get to the right one.

This would be much better than having to try to scroll using memory to get to a performance for a song. With a lot of performances, this might take a long time.

4) A second layer of functionality for the buttons would be nice. For example, I'd like to be able to tie a morph function to each button when I long press them.

For example, one morph would control the panorama function, another would morph the delay parameters, etc.

Releasing the button would end the morph.

Hoping this can be considered by Kemper Amps. :thumbup:

What do the rest of you think?

• to fulfill your 1), just have an external switch programmed to "rig up" (in system menu).

Hope it'll help.

I could also use another midi controller, but don't want to.

In that regard, a lot of the functions I mentioned are already doable with my Gordius Little Big Giant. I want to do them on the Remote, since it is easier to cart around and power.

• If you step on the button, you activate two and deactivate two others. There's no way to activate four FX with a single press.

Are you sure?

You made me question myself so I've just tested it and it works fine for me on my Toaster. I can turn 4 individual FX On/Off from a single switch without any issues.

• Are you sure?

You made me question myself so I've just tested it and it works fine for me on my Toaster. I can turn 4 individual FX On/Off from a single switch without any issues.

Ah me. My mistake. You can turn on and off all four FX, but if you only want to turn on two of them after that and deactivate two, you can't do that.

Basically, you can only assign an FX to a single button, and can't assign it to multiple buttons. That's what I meant.

It should be quite simple to turn on eight FX with a single button, then six with another, or four with a third. That would make for a great alternative way to use the Remote.

• Some time ago i also thougt it would be good to assign 1 FX to more Buttons.

But i think thigs will get too complicated.
    Take your example:
    Switching all 8 on at once. Then with a second Button turn 6 Off.
    If you press again the switch for 8 stomps The remaining two will turn OFF and the others assigned to the 6-switch will turn on.
    If you then have another switch with 4 FX assigned after a few operations of the different switches you will get nearly random results.

Edited once, last by wrbi ().

• In my experience, scenes make things more complicated. I think they were invented because some devices have serious audio gaps when switching presets. On the Kemper, you can just use different presets in performance slots, as (imo) there is no problem with gaps.

I don't need to add more effects to single buttons, but I like some of the other ideas like being able to reprogram some switches.

• OK, I understand now. I believe that is what guys with Helix etc refer to as”scenes”. I have seen a few requests for this recently so it is obviously more common than I realised.

Not the same thing. I have a floorboard with thirteen buttons. Just using midi, I could get the Kemper to active six stomps with a press, four stomps, eight stomps, or any kind of permutation and combination.

It is pretty much instantaneous. No lag and no gap while doing that. And it is in a single rig. I can then jump to another rig in a performance without any trouble and do the same thing.

You could also activate a morph with the same press, or change the panorama function, or tweak an EQ if you start getting into NRPN.

There are so many possibilities under the hood of the Kemper really.