Getting weird heartbeat pounding sound

• Getting a weird. loud, heartbeat sound pounding noise out of nowhere. Have no clue what it is. I have it isolated to the Kemper or audio interface. Sounds a bit like a metronome pounding when not playing amplified with overdrive channels.

Any ideas?

• Turn down the gain. Does it go away? I had the same thing happen to me for the first time ever the other night. It was on a very high gain profile and nothing else. My guess is area noise like wi fi, a nearby phone etc. I turned down the gain and it vanished which made me think it was picking something up. Unplug the guitar, does it stop? Then unplug cord from Kemper, did it stop?

• Went back and duplicated the same scenario. No pounding. For sure was not my rig/Kemper and likely something else. I noticed it was VERY sensitive (of course) and so hot, susceptible to even tapping on the guitar. Any outside interference could easily cause artifacts. No different than you would get from a jacked up tube amp. Gain can be like an antenna. I would consider this "normal" if you are accurately replicating tube amps.

• It does it on high gain worst but even with the guitar volume all the way down it does it very loud. Cleaner profiles still have the problem just not as loud. Never had this before, same house and settings as always.

Thanks for any help

• It does it on high gain worst but even with the guitar volume all the way down it does it very loud. Cleaner profiles still have the problem just not as loud. Never had this before, same house and settings as always.

Thanks for any help

take the Profiler to a completely different location for a test to rule out the environment.

• Check, if you can suppress the noise via input Noise Gate.

I had a similar issue in our rehearsal room depending on how I'm standing and in which direction my guitar pick ups point. It turned out that the origin is the internal power supply of a powered studio monitor in 6 feet distance. We own two of those studio monitors. One of those started to generate that noise a few weeks ago. If we shut that one down, the noise is gone.

• This happened to me when I first got the Kemper. I turned it on and my heart was pounding louder than my guitar. ;)

Seriously, Do you have any type of electrical motors running when it happens? Like an Air Cond unit, Dishwasher, or similar? The pounding could be interference from a motor cycling.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.