The Kemper sucks…

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• another clickbaity "***" sucks vid

Great knowledge or not, try as I might I've never gone more than 10 mins watching the JHS guy - I just zone out.

It's me Josh, not you .... honest ..

• Hehe I love his humor :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Great knowledge or not, try as I might I've never gone more than 10 mins watching the JHS guy - I just zone out.

I was out the first 10 seconds I ever saw one of his vids. I'm like "shut up and play".

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I love his videos, despite his sometimes clickbately titles. He has humour, says interesting things, busts a lot if myths. And as he says several times regarding the Kemper. It sounds good.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I was out the first 10 seconds I ever saw one of his vids. I'm like "shut up and play".

Josh is as much about the history and the why’ of effects as anything else. It clearly matters to him.

His videos are less about demoing (or even selling) his products than they are about ‘didjya know…’ It’s a rare thing for him to ply his own stuff or even demo something. If you want shut up and play…Pete Thorn is your guy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

For an audience that claims to ignore digital amps, JHS spending an hour going through it is a good thing.

Unlike so many others - Josh doesn’t behave like a snob and ignore it. Quote the contrary here.

The Pedal Geek of all pedal geeks has really good things to say about a Kemper?

The clickbait was a good idea here. It’ll draw the haters that think Josh was going to validate their beliefs.

Then they find out he’s not ‘their’ guy for that.

• I too think this discussion seems like people didn’t really listen to what Josh said. I don’t think he said one bad word about the Kemper. Quite the contrary. And he was genuinly interested in what tonejunkie had to bring to the table. It was, IMHO, a real good showpiece for Kemper and co.

• Also need to say this about Josh. He is not a hater. He speaks so positive about much of his competition, and his show titles are often tongue in cheek humor.

• For an audience that claims to ignore digital amps, JHS spending an hour going through it is a good thing.

Unlike so many others - Josh doesn’t behave like a snob and ignore it. Quote the contrary here.

The Pedal Geek of all pedal geeks has really good things to say about a Kemper?

The clickbait was a good idea here. It’ll draw the haters that think Josh was going to validate their beliefs.

Then they find out he’s not ‘their’ guy for that.

thanks - you saved an hour of my life - I knew the review would be positive, just two very wordy people rabbiting lol

btw I know the so and so sucks thing is an internal joke between these influencers but what if people just saw the title and didn't bother watching it? Not exactly a positive outcome.

Edited 3 times, last by paddyc ().

• thanks - you saved an hour of my life - I knew the review would be positive, just two very wordy people rabbiting lol

btw I know the so and so sucks thing is an internal joke between these influencers but what if people just saw the title and didn't bother watching it? Not exactly a positive outcome.

What if?

Their loss.

As for wordy people - I learn something every time Josh rambles. This was chock full of quality insights. Normally I have a hard time listening to HW, but this was great.

I’ve never understood the idea that all guitar gear videos need to be mostly playing.

• You guys must have a lot of spare time to watch videos. If I want to see a specific delay setting then I don't want to watch a video on the History of Delays for 30 minutes. Just show me the setting and be done with it. Like get to the point. The rest is just an infomercial. TMI.

• What if?

Their loss.

As for wordy people - I learn something every time Josh rambles. This was chock full of quality insights. Normally I have a hard time listening to HW, but this was great.

I’ve never understood the idea that all guitar gear videos need to be mostly playing.

OK

• You guys must have a lot of spare time to watch videos. If I want to see a specific delay setting then I don't want to watch a video on the History of Delays for 30 minutes. Just show me the setting and be done with it. Like get to the point. The rest is just an infomercial. TMI.

so you never watch a movie? Because to me, that’s mostly a waste of time. But nerdy videos about music, trains, history etc etc is what i watch when it’s leisure time. Some people watch football, some people watch the history of delay machines.

• so you never watch a movie? Because to me, that’s mostly a waste of time. But nerdy videos about music, trains, history etc etc is what i watch when it’s leisure time. Some people watch football, some people watch the history of delay machines.

I only watch actual music/theory lessons. No TV. No movies (I don't even think they make movies anymore). I might watch history on EVH, Jimi, Jimmy, etc. here and there during a break.

• You guys must have a lot of spare time to watch videos.

Says the guy with 8200 posts on an internet forum. Lol

Seriously, I don't have very many guitarist friends, and none who use a Kemper or who have a vast knowledge of these things.

I enjoy both these guys. I wouldn't say that I waste time listening to them.

Most of the time I don't make it all the way through an HW video, but I have learned a ton from him and use some of it every time I turn on my Kemper.

(1500 posts, not 8200)

• Says the guy with 8200 posts on an internet forum. Lol

Seriously, I don't have very many guitarist friends, and none who use a Kemper or who have a vast knowledge of these things.

Most of the time I don't make it all the way through an HW video, but I have learned a ton from him and use some of it every time I turn on my Kemper.

HW is a great (!) guitarist, but you can tell he's a bit of a douche. $300 or something to join his "lounge."

90% of my Kemper knowledge is thanks to his videos. His understanding of the Kemper & getting great tones is truly impressive.

• Says the guy with 8200 posts on an internet forum. Lol

I only have 1,500 and most are questions so I can learn. I ask during practice breaks. You can spend all your time watching tv and videos all you want. I choose to spend my time practicing.

And I am on a break now.