Double Tracker

• The new Beta sounds really promising on the uploaded video and I can't wait to try it out. Delay Widener and Phase Widener just didn't really do it for me, but this seems to be the competition for the TC Mimiq now.

From what I heard on the laptop speakers it might be capable of quite a natural sounding double for live use. I guess if it gets summed to mono you will be in trouble, but I'll try that out later.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Yep Kemper keeps delivering, now might be time to add a second Kabinet.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• if you max out some of the settings - becomes a superb Dimension C style stero chorus (that isn't a chorus)

I heard that in the Kemper video and thought it must've (surely!) had something to do with my CrapMac ZeroBass™ computer speaker's response and mono output.

Fantastic to hear that what I was hearing was indeed what I was hearing. 8)

• OMG! I´m waiting for centuries for this!!! I really can´t wait to get home. Already told my girl that I´m offline tonight.

Finally away with Mimiq!

First question after inhaling the video:
    Sounds a bit like one side (I guess the doubletracked) is a bit delayed (means more latency). Same as the mimiq in 1+1 mode. I guess it is because of the alterations and computing time of the fx.
    I would appreciate a little knob to delay the original signal the amount of the delay of the doubletracked. Yes this would increase the overall felt latency. For many this will be unbearable. But for studio situation this could become handy.

With the mimiq this is possible with 3 Voices (1 dry and 2 fx) dry to 0 and then you hear only fx.

Just a guess. Overall I really like the sounds of the video. It seems highly usabel already!

THAAAAAAANKS!

• I heard that in the Kemper video and thought it must've (surely!) had something to do with my CrapMac ZeroBass™ computer speaker's response and mono output.

Fantastic to hear that what I was hearing was indeed what I was hearing. 8)

Stereo is where its at :D

Its very good. It weird how some of my fave 'chorus' sounds come from devices/fx hat aren't chorus - like the Whammy.

• Wait. What? Which video?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• First question after inhaling the video:
    Sounds a bit like one side (I guess the doubletracked) is a bit delayed (means more latency). Same as the mimiq in 1+1 mode. I guess it is because of the alterations and computing time of the fx.
    I would appreciate a little knob to delay the original signal the amount of the delay of the doubletracked. Yes this would increase the overall felt latency. For many this will be unbearable. But for studio situation this could become handy.

The delay is a feature not a bug. If you did two takes, there would always be some temporal separation between the parts - that is what tells the ear that there are two signals. Two identical signals panned hard left and hard right is the same as MONO through a stereo amplifier. ADT was done with tape delay in Abbey Road studios for the later Beatles albums.

• The delay is a feature not a bug. If you did two takes, there would always be some temporal separation between the parts - that is what tells the ear that there are two signals. Two identical signals panned hard left and hard right is the same as MONO through a stereo amplifier. ADT was done with tape delay in Abbey Road studios for the later Beatles albums.

ofc. You are right. But there is a slight static delay on one side. And if you do recordings, one record may be a little faster here and a bit slower there in comparison with a reference track. What I´ve meant is the static delay. Not the dynamic delay which is ofc the right thing.

A static delay causes the effect that things appear to be to far on one side (pls do not ask me for the correct word). And ADT suffers a lot with that, but ADT has ofc some phase and chorus and other things. The static delay is not the only thing.

What I mean is just the digital delay, the latency, like from your soundcard, or even the latency of the kemper.

Maybe I don´t find the right wods, but I really tried to learn as much as possible about ADT. I´m freaking happy to learn new things.

P.S. plz remember, I can test it at the earliest in some hours. My mentions and stuff are derivated from that single lonely vid :).

• Yeah, I get what you are saying and it is correct. A consistent time difference with one side delayed in relation to the other is part of how we locate sounds in a stereo field - if the signal arrives first in the left ear we locate it on the left side. True double tracking would have that time difference moving around.

• Well, I ran the Double Tracker through its paces and... it's almost there, but there is a phasing issue which is common to this type of effect which basically renders it unusable in either a recording situation or a live situation.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have a listen to this recording. It sounds great and I was really stoked until till I started hearing one side of the signal being eaten up due to phasing at infrequent intervals.

Looseness was 5.0, stereo was 200% and detune was 0.6 cents.

I am wondering whether this is only happening when detune is activated. The phasing doesn't occur so much if you turn it off.

Could GString or ckemper shed some light on this? I seemed to encounter phasing on a lot of settings, which is a pity.

• Through in-ears, it is pretty incredible. It's not perfect, but to widen your sound and "mimic" (ha!) the sound of double tracked guitars, this is beyond cool & really inspiring. Still tweaking it, but so far, so good.

• The delay is a feature not a bug. If you did two takes, there would always be some temporal separation between the parts - that is what tells the ear that there are two signals. Two identical signals panned hard left and hard right is the same as MONO through a stereo amplifier. ADT was done with tape delay in Abbey Road studios for the later Beatles albums.

Of course it’s intentional with the delay. But the first knob apparently seems to be the decider regarding how much delay. So zero would be pretty close to no delay, I would think. Isn’t it really “just” a stereowidener with a delay/chorus effect?

• I would think this should only happen at stereo settings of >100%. Have you tried reducing the stereo field to 100% or less to see if the phase issue still exists?