Double Tracker

• I would think this should only happen at stereo settings of >100%. Have you tried reducing the stereo field to 100% or less to see if the phase issue still exists?

I think you are onto something there - greater than 100% is designed to create images off the standard stereo field - eg outside the left or right speaker. It is a deliberately artificial setting.

• Am I wrong or is the left site a little bit "louder" than the right side if the doubler is used?

Not saying this is not the case (as i can only listen to this in my phone right now). BUT: Our ears very quickly make it sound like that even if both sides are exactly the same level. Our ears trick us to thinking the side that is “late” is lower. That is how our brain tells us what direction a sound is coming from.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• This is too funny. I've got a Strymon Deco on its way to me as of yesterday and today Kemper give me part of it for free. Of course, there's tape saturation and I guess I can use the the through-zero flanger instead of the double tracker.

• Probably a noob question, but do we think this will be usable at all in Mono? definitely like only running one cable....

It’s a good question. I’d like to know too. I am already using the send return so no stereo cab on stage for me, and in rare cases i have to go mono to the PA too.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• I am running out of post stacks efx slots ^^

It sounds like it's time to get the pedal board back together! I still use some of the Kemper effects, but I'm way happier with my pedals these days. Yes, it's more gear to lug around, but there probably aren't a lot of us who couldn't use the exercise.

• I am running out of post stacks efx slots ^^

They could give us the option to park some of these FX in the output section like they did with the Space effect. If the DSP is sufficient, things like FX loops and the Stereo Widener or DoubleTracker could be located out of the FX slots and activated/deactivated by extra switches if desired.

• Well, I ran the Double Tracker through its paces and... it's almost there, but there is a phasing issue which is common to this type of effect which basically renders it unusable in either a recording situation or a live situation.

I was about to ask the question about the phasing that I am hearing.

I hear it even without the Detune parameter, just using the Default setting.

It’s not always prominent but it is distracting when it happens.

• and kids, never forget to go over the top. A 2nd DT with Stereo -100... insanity

Detune only on the first (0,5)

Loseness on first 2

Looseness on 2nd 0,6

works well on mono (I have a desktop mono switch)

instant wall of Sound. Have to try this on the next recordings. For Rhytm.

I like it more than the mimiq! Better Quality.

edit:

all mono phasing is away ofc when detune is 0 everywhere)

edit2: crank in some detune on both (3 and 6 for example) and et voila instant DimensionD (at least the rack effekt)... I love it!

Edited 2 times, last by Tandrin ().

• The doubler sounds fantastic, I had the phasing sound at first but I swopped over my outputs I think I had them mixed up, and then got a cool wide big sounding 3d type effect, very cool?

• Am I wrong or is the left site a little bit "louder" than the right side if the doubler is used?

That was my immediate reaction too.

This would probably make sense if the double tracker works by utilising the Haas effect - I'd guess the left channel is getting the un-delayed signal and the right channel the delayed signal.

Similar to the benefits of using a delay in one channel in a DAW, I think three awesome and very practical features going forward for the Kemper double tracker, especially in a live setting, would be:

1. The ability to decide/switch which channel gets the delayed signal
    2. The ability to set the level/volume of both the right and left channels leaving the effect independently (in my DAW, I usually choose the right channel for the un-delayed signal, and then slightly boost the left channel's (i.e. the delayed signal) level to compensate for the perceived drop in volume compared to the right
    3. For people like myself who are likely to use the double tracker a lot when playing live, it does raise another problem though. As much as possible, I like to keep everything 'in the box' (i.e. not having to rely on external pedals too much), and the double-tracker is going to be taking up a stereo slot in just about all of my rhythm profiles - hence I'm going to be limited to just three stereo effects. To these ends, how about adding the option of having a global version of the double tracker in the output section of the KPA?
  • I am getting a much wider spread than that and more evenly spaced. The only problem I have is that one side will "float" to the center channel and back out again - the same as the Mimiq Doubler does. To counter the "float" I will place a chorus in effects with very subtle settings to keep a better balance.

For phasing issues during recording you just simply invert the track. (Most DAW's have a button for this).

BTW, I have my Main Outs in stereo going to Audio Interface Left and Right and doing stereo tracking in DAW. My Mimiq Stereo is in-between those when in use.

The Kemper Doubler is pretty much a clone of the Mimiq Doubler (Stereo I/O version), IMO, but the Mimiq seems to allow more control of volume from left to right, and feels somewhat looser. Their settings are called Effect and Dry which sounds more like a Left and Right volume knob in action.

I'm getting ready to run both at same time once I note my settings for using each one alone. And, I love having this additional effect from Kemper!!!!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I just dialed in the Kemper DT with my Mimiq DT for quad+ tracking on a clean tone and it sounds pretty damn amazing to my ears! Then I put an Air Chorus in front of the DT and Wooooow!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

1. The ability to decide/switch which channel gets the delayed signal
    2. The ability to set the level/volume of both the right and left channels leaving the effect independently (in my DAW, I usually choose the right channel for the un-delayed signal, and then slightly boost the left channel's (i.e. the delayed signal) level to compensate for the perceived drop in volume compared to the right
    3. For people like myself who are likely to use the double tracker a lot when playing live, it does raise another problem though. As much as possible, I like to keep everything 'in the box' (i.e. not having to rely on external pedals too much), and the double-tracker is going to be taking up a stereo slot in just about all of my rhythm profiles - hence I'm going to be limited to just three stereo effects. To these ends, how about adding the option of having a global version of the double tracker in the output section of the KPA?

I agree.
    The 3 points you wrote are a must in my opinion.
    I will use this for a feature request.