Double Tracker

• A pair of powered Kabs would do the trick.;)

Get thee behind me, foul fiend.
    I'm sure a pair of powered Kabs would sound great, but I only just got the PowerRack and Kemper Kabinet (the latter, mainly for goofing around at home). I don't plan to use it on stage.

This line of inquiry was an exploration of possibilities; nothing mission-critical.

• I didn't listen that carefully while enjoying this effect, but surely the process is dry signal on one side and effect on the other? That would then render the W-D-W idea pointless.

I thought the 2nd output would be a delayed signal with some random modulation of pitch and delay settings.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I played with it last night both stereo through spdif and mono through XLR main outs. Overall much less impressive in mono which is to be expected. Even considering that, I'd likely put it on all my rigs if I could for that extra secret sauce sound. However, I don't want to sacrifice my post amp slots. I almost always need a boost, chorus, delay, and reverb (I play in an 80s Cover band, it is a must)

+1 to the idea of adding this as an effect in the output section if DSP allows

if you are playing 80’s music, you can put your chorus and delay in slots C & D as most of the amps used at that time did not have effects loops and were in front of the amp.

• Get thee behind me, foul fiend.
    I'm sure a pair of powered Kabs would sound great, but I only just got the PowerRack and Kemper Kabinet (the latter, mainly for goofing around at home). I don't plan to use it on stage.

This line of inquiry was an exploration of possibilities; nothing mission-critical.

SInce you have monitors, you could do the whole thing in the box if you'd like.

Send main outputs to your interface with delay/reverb or master stereo with choice of blend to the speakers and pan left and right.

Then send the mod mono delay tracker signal on the monitor and direct outputs to the interace and monitors.

The only issue you might encounter is with regard to panning. The delay tracker needs you to pan hard left and right, otherwise you'll hear phasing.

In that regard, mess around with the stereo control and see if you can get things to work.

Technically, it's a W/D/D/W sound, but that's about the only way you can get the delay tracker to work in the way you want at present.

• Hi!

I’m considering using the double tracker (but no way I’m gonna update on a beta lol) for live use for some bands where I am the only guitar player.

Is it possible to have just a subtle settings to fatten up the tone and create a little more « stereo space »?

Thanxs

• Thanks, nightlight.

I appreciate all the thought and ideas you put into your reply.

I've accepted that the Double Tracker is not compatible with W/D/W. I'd need W/D/D/W and that's more than I want to invest just to experiment with the sound.

For now, when I want to hear the Double Tracker, I'll just run Master Stereo to the Main Outputs and mute the Monitor output to the Kabinet.

Cheers!

• Well, I stumbled onto the Double Tracker before I watched the tutorial on it. In the video, he always selects the DT from the Equalizer effect section, but since I had not watched the video until later, I went searching for it and found it also under Delays/Dual Chromatic!! After you select Dual Chromatic in rig manager, another sub menu appears and Double Tracker appears, with really unbelievably extensive control settings- about 4-5 times the options, as the one in the Equalizer section. And it really smokes!!! Check it out!

• Can i ask what are you doing that it sound good for you?

My Output is untouched. Im playing right now through Spidf and when i put the Double Tracker on the Mod Slot then its sound like a Phaser!

Sorry if im oversseing something!

• OS 8.6.2 Public Beta

• Anyone else besides me still experiencing weird phase issues after the beta has been elevated to a real update? I tried the DT presets and they all have this weird phase sound to it. I’m not really seeing this as being usable in a recording situation. Unless you go for this type of phasing character of course. I just updated yesterday. Wanted to wait for the real update, so I didn’t try the beta.

• I’m not really seeing this as being usable in a recording situation.

I would never see a DT effect as being intended for a recording situation. It is always better to actually double track the part than simulate it. DT is really only a live effect for a single guitar band and in that situation some phase issues probably aren’t going to be noticeable.

• Anyone else besides me still experiencing weird phase issues after the beta has been elevated to a real update? I tried the DT presets and they all have this weird phase sound to it. I’m not really seeing this as being usable in a recording situation. Unless you go for this type of phasing character of course. I just updated yesterday. Wanted to wait for the real update, so I didn’t try the beta.

Yes, I have still (after update to newest official OS) problems with the DT, as I wrote here:

Problem with Double Tracker

• I would never see a DT effect as being intended for a recording situation. It is always better to actually double track the part than simulate it. DT is really only a live effect for a single guitar band and in that situation some phase issues probably aren’t going to be noticeable.

Yes. All these type of effects are just to help bolster the sound for a one guitar band live.

Once you have played a part once in the studio, it should be fairly routine to play it again and get a much more natural result than an ADT effect.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Yes, I have still (after update to newest official OS) problems with the DT, as I wrote here:

Problem with Double Tracker

I have exactly the same issue and im on the newest version for everything. These volume dropouts happen unregularly so I'm 100% it's not imaginary like some guys said in the other thread...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    This is an old link, but it still sounds exactly the same. Yes, i updated to the newest version.