Double Tracker

• I have exactly the same issue and im on the newest version for everything. These volume dropouts happen unregularly so I'm 100% it's not imaginary like some guys said in the other thread...

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    This is an old link, but it still sounds exactly the same. Yes, i updated to the newest version.

I've never encountered that. I always use DT in stereo though.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I've used the DT on all of my in-ear Profiles since it was released. Admittedly, there are dropouts here and there - and hopefully those bugs will be ironed out - but the pure enjoyment of my guitar sounding SUPER WIDE through in-ears is worth the minor issues. The effect is incredible!

• Finally tried the double tracker out. I was happy to discover that it didn't produce glitchiness when switching rigs. I thought that perhaps because it applied a delay of sorts it might have an issue of getting cut off abruptly (I used it in the mod slot, not the delay or reverb slots which have spillover, and no issue, even though the mod block doesn't have spillover).

I think it can be used as an always on effect for live use, if you use a more subtle with the looseness set at 3 and stereo spread at 60%. I find anytime you turn on or off an effect that applies a significant stereo image, there's that awkward spacial thing that makes the instrument sound like it's moving, which it is. With these settings, the effect is subtle enough that it thickens things up without screaming "listen to my doubled guitar." Now with that said, even with these settings, you still notice that spacial jump especially with headphones if you turn it on or off, but the settings are subtle enough that you could just leave it on all the time. The spacial jump isn't a flaw it's just a natural phenomenon that's noticeable, like when you push the stereo to mono button on an old stereo; everything moves real quick. Now that could be a cool effect, if when going to a lead you turn off the doubling and your guitar jumps to the middle and would actually give the impression that another guitar has entered the mix for the lead.

Well done again Kemper.

• I've used the DT on all of my in-ear Profiles since it was released. Admittedly, there are dropouts here and there - and hopefully those bugs will be ironed out - but the pure enjoyment of my guitar sounding SUPER WIDE through in-ears is worth the minor issues. The effect is incredible!

Damn. Now I have to buy me some stereo inears.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Damn. Now I have to buy me some stereo inears.

Just a pair of inexpensive Shure SE215's will do the trick...I've been using them for about three years now on both drums & guitar. The isolation & comfort are fantastic, and, for me, the Kemper sounds it's absolute best through in-ears. I can play all night in pure bliss while my apartment-mate in the next room over just hears the clickity-clack of an unamplified electric guitar. Pure stereo immersion. ?

• Well, this looks fun. I'm perfectly willing to let the braver souls do the beta testing, but looking forward to when it's in the next production release.

Also, a shout out to whichever Kemperite is playing the intro riff in the video. Found myself listening to it a few times just because it was a cool riff.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Just a pair of inexpensive Shure SE215's will do the trick...I've been using them for about three years now on both drums & guitar. The isolation & comfort are fantastic, and, for me, the Kemper sounds it's absolute best through in-ears. I can play all night in pure bliss while my apartment-mate in the next room over just hears the clickity-clack of an unamplified electric guitar. Pure stereo immersion. ?

Yeah. My current transmitter is only mono though (xwive). It's awesome. But mono.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I tried it, could be great in live situation with subtle settings, like said above, 60% stereo and looseness about 3/4.

Problem is that I have those random volume drops.

Another problem is that I don’t have any blocks to use it.

X is eq, Mod is a chorus, delay and reverb…

shame because I would be happy to use it always on my main tones.

• Rookie question, I just upgraded the OS to 8.6.6 and the email from Kemper talked about the double Tracker... Do I have to create a stereo track in pro tools or just use a single mono track?

• Rookie question, I just upgraded the OS to 8.6.6 and the email from Kemper talked about the double Tracker... Do I have to create a stereo track in pro tools or just use a single mono track?

the doubler tracker can be users in mono, if placed in blocks A-D, but if in X, mod, del, and rev slots it’s in stereo. You definitely want a stereo track as it’s sounds much better in stereo. Now that said you might right the Left output of the Kemper to one track and the right to another. Then pan each track hard left and right. Then you have independent volume control. I *think you could mute the right track in PT to essentially turn off the doubling, but I could be wrong.

• the doubler tracker can be users in mono, if placed in blocks A-D, but if in X, mod, del, and rev slots it’s in stereo. You definitely want a stereo track as it’s sounds much better in stereo. Now that said you might right the Left output of the Kemper to one track and the right to another. Then pan each track hard left and right. Then you have independent volume control. I *think you could mute the right track in PT to essentially turn off the doubling, but I could be wrong.

That gave me an idea, don't know if would work or not but if I recorded a stereo track in pro tools than once finished the do the "split to mono" thing then there would be 2 individual mono tracks to adjust volumes??

• Sure. Or just record two mono tracks to begin with.

• Sure. Or just record two mono tracks to begin with.

you could always record a stereo track for simplicity and editing and split the stereo track to two mono tracks during mixing as needed. But If you recorded then in two mono tracks, you’d want to group the tracks for editing so you don’t move or cut one without moving the other with it.

• Okay I did read all the posts here for setup.. I'm using my Kemper Powered Toaster with a guitar cab for my live playing. So to be clear, I really cant use my 1/12, add another 1/12 speaker cab unless I get another power amp OR have a powered speaker for the monitor output to get the correct DT effect happening? As we all know the Powerhead has only one poweramp available.

I would cool to have two speaker cabs and use the DT for a thicker sound live, with a mono signal to FOH as most PA's aren't stereo.

I run Guitar > Kemper Powerhead > Output to 1/12 speaker cab... Left Monitor out to FOH

Thanks for any info you can share..

• Hi, marxiami.

Yes, to use the Double Tracker you'll need another power amp and speaker cabinet.

"I run Guitar > Kemper Powerhead > Output to 1/12 speaker cab... Left Monitor out to FOH"

Press the OUTPUT button to open the OUTPUT Settings.

Navigate to page 1

Set the Main Output source to Master Mono. Then connect either MAIN OUTPUTs to FOH.

Set the Monitor Output to Master Mono.

Enable Monitor Cab Off (second soft button)

To understand why, you'll want to read about the OUTPUT SECTION in the Kemper Main Manual (first link below)

? Download Main Manual 8.5 English

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

• So I tried the Double Tracker again with the latest operating system 8.6.6

and I still have the problem of volume dropouts described by me and many other users.

For testing purposes I switched off all effects, amps and cabinets, i.e. only the DTRK .... copied the rig and when switching between the rigs

(in the same performance well-tempered) the dropouts can still be heard clearly.

When rehearsing via in-ears, the DTRK is of course kind of fun if you panned the guitar to the left and right

and so it makes some space for the vocals.

My fellow musicians only noticed the dropouts after I asked them about it.

That doesn't sound totally dramatic in the band structure either ... more like ... oh shit, you missed the job again

(as if you hadn't switched the rig at the right moment).

That annoys me a bit and I would probably not want to use it live ... if I imagine that other musicians may be present who are perhaps even more meticulous than me and who notice it immediately, it could be embarrassing .

Regrettable somehow, could have been a really good effect ... but not useful for live, maybe still acceptable when rehearsing and in the studio I would prefer to play a second guitar anyway.

But maybe something will change next year.

With that in mind, have a great start to 2022 everyone and stay (or get) healthy!

• There is an inherent risk in using this live that is more of concern than drop outs, which I doubt many would notice. That is if the PA is not wired correctly, or the engineer fails to fully pan the outputs. Anything other than full left/right will sound horrible.

I think this is one reason Kemper released all sorts of other widener options first. Most. like phase widener and the eq widener, are not a phase problem if they collapse to mono.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7