Optimal eq and volume? Order of adjustments

• Is there some recommendations in witch order how to set your eq,s and volumes. I mean, there's amp eq, stomp eq, cab settings and so on. Likewise with the volume, a number of options. Is it best to adjust your cab eq before your amp eq, for example. Is it smart to never turn down the volume under a certain level on the amp, on the output, on the monitor aso? So how do I do? Just go crazy and fiddle with every knob or....... Grateful for all your wisdom.
    Ps. I'm using guitar power amp and cabinet so far. Haven't got any PA or FRFR.

Best wishes /Hans J

• Whatever works! :D I personally use the amp Eq to compensate for the different guitars, the amp advance parameter and the cab ones to get the sound that I want, a graphic eq in block X to cut through and the output eq to compensate for the room. But this is just the way I do it, not necessarily the best one for you. This way when I get to a new venue I just fiddle with the output eq, not with the saved Rigs

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Compensating guitar sounds should be done before the amp's gain or it's just not the same..for this you can use one of the Eq'q in stomp
    It would be cool to have tone stack options like pre gain a la Fender or Mesa (classic Mesa not recto) and post gain a la Marshall ,Vox etc ...

• Also, increasing volume in the preamp section (via all the stomps with a volume adjustment) affects the overdrive you get, which can make a substantial difference in your tone.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I like and follow guitarnet70's method pretty closely. The only EQ I adjust at a venue is the master eq to comp for changes in the room or PA. Besides, with dozens of profiles used in a gig, I can't edit all of them each time. They better sound right the first time!

bd

• I pretty much crank up every profiles cab volume to taste, usually aruond 3.8 to 4.0 decibles.. This seems to bring out some liveliness to the profile, it could be my ears playing tricks on me though. However then you have to adjust the other volume knob to compensate and avoid clipping. try it, you might like it, especially with FRFR. Other than that, I have "pure booster" locked in box X I believe, that way any patch I decide needs a volume boost for leads etc, I have it right there, and available via IA on my MIDI pedal.

• Compensating guitar sounds should be done before the amp's gain or it's just not the same..for this you can use one of the Eq'q in stomp.

:thumbup: I totally agree.

It would be cool to have tone stack options like pre gain a la Fender or Mesa (classic Mesa not recto) and post gain a la Marshall ,Vox etc ...

Post this in the feature request section! Especially for crunch sounds it makes such a big difference when the EQ is before the amp. As a fan of Fender amps I always add an EQ to the stomp section. But for this purpose there is no simple EQ selectable (bass, mid, trable, presence like the amp EQ). You can only choose graphic or studio EQ and you loose one slot in the stomps just for that. Would be much easier if the dedicated amp EQ would offer a switch for pre or post amp.

Other than that, I have "pure booster" locked in box X I believe, that way any patch I decide needs a volume boost for leads etc, I have it right there, and available via IA on my MIDI pedal.

You could also use the Expression 2 jack on the back of the KPA for that kind of master volume or solo boost. Then you have the box X slot free for other things.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I pretty much crank up every profiles cab volume to taste, usually aruond 3.8 to 4.0 decibles.. This seems to bring out some liveliness to the profile, it could be my ears playing tricks on me though. However then you have to adjust the other volume knob to compensate and avoid clipping. try it, you might like it, especially with FRFR. Other than that, I have "pure booster" locked in box X I believe, that way any patch I decide needs a volume boost for leads etc, I have it right there, and available via IA on my MIDI pedal.

Well CK has stated that there is no difference between the cab volume control and the other volume knob.