Kemper through power + guitar cab and PURE CABINET?

• Hi guys. I'm Can. I've been using kemper since 2019. I'm a musician with a sound engineering background. I have a band in my country and we play quite often. If the place where we are going to give a concert is not within reach by plane I takin my own cabin with my kemper. I have vox 112nt 1x12 cab and it has Celestion g112m. I'm feeding it with a 30 watt solid state power unit. I'm using "pure cabinet" option at the output section, all the time 'on' even when i use my own profiles and using with impulse responses. It stays constant at the highest value of 10. However when i turned it off it sounds more alive but i hear too much buzzing. It's very annoying. Same thing happens with my vox too. You must have noticed when the pure cabinet is turned off and on, there are serious characteristic differences between the two tones. Which is more natural? The closest to the real amp? When i make my own profiles i didnt notice the difference but when i use other profiles i wanna know which is closest the real one?

• So you are using a non-powered Kemper with a 30w SS power source into a 1x12 cab with a Cel g112m speaker, with the CAB option ON which will enable you to use Pure Cabinet? If that is your scenario wouldn't you want to use an FRFR speaker like the Kone speaker or Cel F12-X200? Having the CAB option ON when using a non FRFR speaker will most likely not sound very good regardless of how you set the Pure Cabinet option. Unless of course that Cel g112m speaker is pretty close to an FRFR.

• Hi alecan81

I hope this helps you to understand the PURE CABINET function.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and

• So you are using a non-powered Kemper with a 30w SS power source into a 1x12 cab with a Cel g112m speaker, with the CAB option ON which will enable you to use Pure Cabinet? If that is your scenario wouldn't you want to use an FRFR speaker like the Kone speaker or Cel F12-X200? Having the CAB option ON when using a non FRFR speaker will most likely not sound very good regardless of how you set the Pure Cabinet option. Unless of course that Cel g112m speaker is pretty close to an FRFR.

you can use "pure cabinet" option while cabin section off. There are two pure cabinet option in kemper. One is in the cabin section the other one is in the main output settings, and second one is general. Applies all output.

• you can use "pure cabinet" option while cabin section off. There are two pure cabinet option in kemper. One is in the cabin section the other one is in the main output settings, and second one is general. Applies all output.

they are actually the same one with two different ways to control it not two individual versions. The one with the highest setting takes precedence.

• you can use "pure cabinet" option while cabin section off. There are two pure cabinet option in kemper. One is in the cabin section the other one is in the main output settings, and second one is general. Applies all ou

they are actually the same one with two different ways to control it not two individual versions. The one with the highest setting takes precedence.

Yes...I was aware of the two locations, but I dont think either of them come into play when there is no Cab involved such as using the Kemper power head into a real cabinet...or does it? I dont hear it.

• Yes...I was aware of the two locations, but I dont think either of them come into play when there is no Cab involved such as using the Kemper power head into a real cabinet...or does it? I dont hear it.

as far as I know it only affects rig that have the Cab block engaged so doesn’t affect real cabinets with Monitor Cab Off ticked. However, it is a very long time since I tried it so my memory may be telling me lies ?

• as far as I know it only affects rig that have the Cab block engaged so doesn’t affect real cabinets with Monitor Cab Off ticked. However, it is a very long time since I tried it so my memory may be telling me lies ?

I agree, it does not come into play when cabs are off and you are using a real cabinet.