Profiler Rigs Tags Editor

• Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I tried to generate an application from python code(using Tk) using py2app, I certainly need to add some libraries.

I will have a look when I can,

Thanks again,
    Laurent

Laurent

• Generating a .app will be more complicated than what I was expecting.

As a consequence, I put under dropbox the 2 source files I used in a zip file here :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74887749/python_files.zip

After uncompressing it there should be 2 files in a directory called : python_files.

From this directory, you can run :

python kipr_tag_extractor.py

Please let me know if it works for you

Thanks,
    Laurent

PS : I will update the dropbox link appearing in the first post

Laurent

Edited once, last by GuyTarero ().

• Sorry, I just saw this thread today. The program works great on my mac running OSX Mountain Lion. I am not sure exactly how I would use the CSV file but it seems nice for cataloguing and searching through my downloaded and/or installed profiles. Thanks for all the hard work and the great program!

• Laurent,

The "missing" feedback probably has alot to do with the fact that you opened your thread in the "introduce yourself" section, where many regular users do not show up regularly.

I have been logged in here almost every day at least once and I found it just now.
    Will try if it works on my system and post here (running snow leopard 10.6.8).

Please ask one of the admins to move your thread to the private section and away from the "introduce yourself" area.
    I am pretty certain more kemperers will use your tool and comment.

thnx for your efforts.
    appreciate it.

H

Running 10.6.8, installed latest Python & Tcl/Tk

I receive a message it does not find the ttk module (line 1) and quits.
    How do I have to set the search path?

90% of the game is half-mental.

Edited 2 times, last by bigHF ().

• Thanks bigHF for the feedback !

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for the problem you are facing.

Are you running the application from a terminal or from the .app installed in the Applications directory.

I know that python uses an environment variable PYTHONPATH to find modules, so you can try something like : export PYTHONPATH=<path to the ttk module> before running the application

On my system, I didn't have to perform any setting of this kind.

I will try to find a way to include this in the application, but I'm not sure it is possible.

Thanks again,
    Laurent

Laurent

• I tried different ways.

1. opening a shell and running the .py from the directory. I updated the environent var -> and checked the search path. The Python libs are included, but I still get this error message.

2. The Python install left me with the programming environment. I loaded the source file and tried to run it. getting a syntax error! ?

3. I double clicked the file in finder -> doesn't find the module.

So you are programming under 10.7.4?

I'd like to get this working because the .xls would be very helpful for cataloging and grading my profile library. I also see this tool as a workaround solution for an offline librarian, because it is easy to import an xls into almost any database. A simple filemaker app might be enough to keep track - as long as the filename is a column in the xls.chart.

any idea, where I can look - usually I don't give up easily :)

H

• Nah

I believe it has to do with a version mixup - maybe terminal settings.

What editor (IDE) are you using?
    What shell do you run it from?
    Where do you put the files (including the backup) on your system?
    What is the python version #?

Can't believe I am stuck with this! LOL
    It has to be something simple

TY for your work/help.
    Hendrik

• Just for the record, I opened Terminal, typed "python" and drag the .py file into the Terminal window, and voilà, the tag extractor ran.

PS: Using OS X 10.7.4

Edit: You can also run the tag extractor by typing "python" plus the path plus the .py file name in Terminal, e.g., "python /Users/almogaver/Documents/KPA/python_files/kpa_tag_inspector.py"

• I copied the module/library into my working directory and got it working too.

it appears that 10.6.8 has a very different installation setup.
    I am too lazy to adjust the environment settings properly.

H

Edited once, last by bigHF ().