Equalizer in the input section

• Hi

I haven't found this request in the forum yet, so I start a new one.

I think it would be nice if we can have an EQ in the input section to be able to regulate the sound of the guitar pickups. I know about the Pre feature in the Amp EQ section, but it is not the same.

What do you think people?

Thank you.

• The next question is, what type of eq?

I could be either way on this but my basic nature says graphic, my sophisticated nature says studio lol

I'm totally down for this and I'm sure many others are too.

Also need to ask if the eq is global but most likely we'll end up asking for it to have the option to save per rig.

• I think the same 4 band EQ from the output section would be enough for me (and probably for the most). Regarding saving it per rig it should be like the clean and distortion sense. Global if you lock it, per rig if not.

• I don't quite follow...

a guitar pickup should be in a particular guitar because of how it sounds.

To make adjustments you can:
    - add an EQ in STOMPS

- adjust the pickup height, angle and if possible individual polepiece height(!)

- use the 'proper' vol pot value for your ears

- get the right pickups for your guitar (guitar too bright? use darker pickups etc.)

• DonPetersen I understand the request perfectly. I hate to waste a slot on an eq. There are only 4 slots pre stack. Many guitarists use eq in their chain to be able to go from one guitar too another. I have a strat that has steel frets. It is just a tad brighter than my other strats. Perfectly adjustable by eq. So i have to “waste” a slot. I have two parker fly guitars. A classic and a deluxe. Almost the same guitar, but the classic is more boxy sounding. Again i have to sacrifice a slot to iron out the differences.

The real problem here is the 4 slot limitation IMO.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• DonPetersen I understand the request perfectly. I hate to waste a slot on an eq. There are only 4 slots pre stack. Many guitarists use eq in their chain to be able to go from one guitar too another. I have a strat that has steel frets. It is just a tad brighter than my other strats. Perfectly adjustable by eq. So i have to “waste” a slot. I have two parker fly guitars. A classic and a deluxe. Almost the same guitar, but the classic is more boxy sounding. Again i have to sacrifice a slot to iron out the differences.

The real problem here is the 4 slot limitation IMO.

Thank you Kim_Olesen, I completely agree. I have saved input settings as preset (with different clean and distortion sense) for each guitar. It would be really helpful if I can also adjust the EQ at this place without the need to use a (locked) stomp slot.

Edited 3 times, last by vicosti ().

• I don't quite follow...

a guitar pickup should be in a particular guitar because of how it sounds.

To make adjustments you can:
    - add an EQ in STOMPS

- adjust the pickup height, angle and if possible individual polepiece height(!)

- use the 'proper' vol pot value for your ears

- get the right pickups for your guitar (guitar too bright? use darker pickups etc.)

or buy more guitars like most do. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.