Re: Drop D tuning

• In simple terms for the OP and having been round this a few times myself:

1) Kemper will never be able to do it because without string separation through something like the Roland system, you cannot identify the E string. This is the same for dedicated effects like Digitech Drop pedal and Morpheus

2) For guitars with a trem - the only option is an EVH D Tuna BUT does not work on floyd and not floating, just push down.

3) Non trem, Pitch key is brilliant and other options out there. If you look closely at my Avatar, you will see a pitch key ;)

• D-tuna...I under stand how it keeps the E string in tune dropping down to D, but wouldn't dropping down to D make all the other strings sharp? What compensates for that? EDIT: Oh I see you can't have a floating bridge. Nope, that's a dealbreaker. what's the point of a "tremolo" that only goes down?

You can have a floating bridge but you then need a trem stabilizer that brings the guitar back to zero point.
    Floyd Rose Trem- Endus https://floydrose.com/collecti…er?variant=33175088201837
    ESP arming adjuster which is similar

Steve Vai used the Ibanez one for years. They do need to be set up correctly to work, that is where many people fail.

• 2) For guitars with a trem - the only option is an EVH D Tuna BUT does not work on floyd and not floating, just push down.

Not true, you can have a floating system but you need an adjuster to balance the tension so the guitar goes back to zero point and stays in tune.
    See my post above this.

can’t be done using the Kemper. Unlikely to ever be added as it would require a hex pickup like the Roland GK etc to isolate which string to detune.

See my post in the requests part. If Kemper would configure the MIDI input so that note value and MIDI channel would be recognized, alternate tunings would be possible. You would need a Roland GK equipped or Godin guitar and a Roland GS or GI-10/20 device. Midi out to the midi in of the Kemper. Put the device in midi MONO mode so each string has its own midi channel.