Mixing help for lead tone needed.

• Say I have a perfect lead tone for a song. It sounds totally awesome in the mix, but that tone is from FRFR speakers. When I render the mix for regular speaker use (for the average listener), I want to keep that lead tone as I hear it with studio monitors. Would I cut the midrange of it on rendering because regular speakers seem to have mostly boosted mids? Is there a specific cut to make post- recording so I can retain that original lead tone to keep it from being colored after rendering?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I think I found the magic formula to render the tone for regular speakers to match the FRFR sound - I have a 6db cut at 1300Hz (Q- 1.5ish) and a 5db boost at 5500Hz (Q- 0.85ish).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I was about to suggest sound samples, but if you found it, you're good.

One "gotchya" that can happen is when we hobbyists shoehorn sounds together, we nught hear something that is too loud and reach for an EQ and start notching the most upfront aspects of that down instead of simply turning it down.

Another note is to keep a mono plugin near the end of your chain and test it in mono at various times to check. There are entire articles out there on the topic, but it's main purpose is to ensure a common denominator type of thing so that the mix doesn't sound great in the studio and lousy on the home system or the car's sound system.

Have fun!!