• Definitely another string to Kemper's bow if they could do it. Does the AxeFX or Quad Cortex do this yet?

ax fx does. you have the option of having any amplifiers eq as the five band mark series or choices of other types of graphic eq. I still have no idea why kemper has not made it possible to select the specific frequency down to the tenths place you want by clicking the value and typing it in as long as your q parameter is precise enough or even without. this way it would be very easy to do it with the onboard studio eq, but then you still have to use two eq's then use up those two effects slots. In the past I would use my ipod or my phone to capture a frequency curve with an analyzer app. I mean I could do it that way I imagine and only take or subtract the specific frequencies I want, but it is still very hard to select for instance 6600 or any zero place via the knobs of the kemper or rig manager. I basically now have to apply the eq I want when I profile the amp , and have the mic color it anyways. One could even post a list of frequency spectrums for all of the popular microphones , and would give the guitarist a great way to decide which coloration to add or subtract for the specific profile, I almost always use a high cut on all of my rigs. I am convinced the largest obstacle in the chain is whatever mic was used to capture the profile, but it is nice having the option to choose from a ton of impulse responses. I have put a lot of thought into it , and I honestly think the kemper should already have this eq onboard to save time. Unless you build your own , a mesa five band eq costs over $280.

• Yeah I tried this the other day trying to do Hetfield’s Mk IIc tone with Kemper’s corresponding EQs and it didn’t go great. Basically a visual graphic EQ would be ideal.

• Definitely needs the Mesa 5 band graphic and the MXR 6 band graphic.

The MXR was used so much in front of a Marshall to shape a specific sound. From Boston to Van Halen. It’s a big part and it would be nicer not to have to bake these into a profile. The profiles would be much more flexible with the ability to add the graphic pre or post after an amp has already been profiled.

• Definitely needs the Mesa 5 band graphic and the MXR 6 band graphic.

The MXR was used so much in front of a Marshall to shape a specific sound. From Boston to Van Halen. It’s a big part and it would be nicer not to have to bake these into a profile. The profiles would be much more flexible with the ability to add the graphic pre or post after an amp has already been profiled.

Ya while the kemper is great we are basically stuck with the frequencies they have chosen for us , and they have yet to make it to where you can select very specifically to the tenths place when it comes to hz. I mean the thing is digital so why not give us the freedom to do this?

• I could get along with having a 5 and 6 band EQ that is frequency adjustable. They could build presets to have them adjusted to the Mesa and MXR frequencies once they are there. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to create this since they already have the studio EQ. It may take a little more processor power to run it. One thing I like about the Kemper is that you don't constantly have to monitor processor utilization. It will let you turn on every effects slot and run it with no issues.

• Ya while the kemper is great we are basically stuck with the frequencies they have chosen for us , and they have yet to make it to where you can select very specifically to the tenths place when it comes to hz. I mean the thing is digital so why not give us the freedom to do this?

One thing you should be conscious of is that the actual frequencies on the Mesa EQ aren’t actually the numbers on the front panel. They just chose rough numbers that were close to the actual frequencies for simplicity. Also, as an analog circuit where components have tolerances, the EQ frequencies and Q can fluctuate from unit to unit and drift over time. Therefore, trying to target down to tenths place for Hz is a pretty pointless exercise. Modelling your Mesa 5 band would be close but not identical to modelling one of mine. Having said that, and EQ that approximates the Mesa 5 band would be nice to have.

• One thing you should be conscious of is that the actual frequencies on the Mesa EQ aren’t actually the numbers on the front panel. They just chose rough numbers that were close to the actual frequencies for simplicity. Also, as an analog circuit where components have tolerances, the EQ frequencies and Q can fluctuate from unit to unit and drift over time. Therefore, trying to target down to tenths place for Hz is a pretty pointless exercise. Modelling your Mesa 5 band would be close but not identical to modelling one of mine. Having said that, and EQ that approximates the Mesa 5 band would be nice to have.

i know it is pointless, because the people at kemper failed to give us that option when it is in fact the decimal place that is represented in their proprietary unit.

• One thing you should be conscious of is that the actual frequencies on the Mesa EQ aren’t actually the numbers on the front panel. They just chose rough numbers that were close to the actual frequencies for simplicity. Also, as an analog circuit where components have tolerances, the EQ frequencies and Q can fluctuate from unit to unit and drift over time. Therefore, trying to target down to tenths place for Hz is a pretty pointless exercise. Modelling your Mesa 5 band would be close but not identical to modelling one of mine. Having said that, and EQ that approximates the Mesa 5 band would be nice to have.

That's interesting to know and makes a lot of sense.

I think the basic problem with this request is that is veers closer to modelling than profiling. You would have to profile a Mark amp without the EQ to authentically use it. Available profiles were made with the EQ already set as part of the sound

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• That's interesting to know and makes a lot of sense.

I think the basic problem with this request is that is veers closer to modelling than profiling. You would have to profile a Mark amp without the EQ to authentically use it. Available profiles were made with the EQ already set as part of the sound

The triaxis is not a mark series amp, and I do not see why they cannot add a larger selection in eq presets, when they decide to do so. If they can add a tone stack pre or post gain they can , add a second eq post gain , or post amp pre cab , or post cab, in respect to the cost of their programming, or processing.

Not when profiling , the profiling process takes mere seconds, and the amp can be profiled with the use of only the tone stack in the signal chain. If it came down to the components drifting in those mere seconds on all amplifiers with a regulated mains voltage no amp would be worth profiling. It really is not that much to ask for an eq that has more than 4 selectable bands, otherwise other methods have to be employed , and I have to build or buy my fix. The bands are not even fully customizable, my guess is the cost effective method for doing this would be to allow us the ability to have a customizable cursor box in the rig manager, depending on what script they have to write for what software.

• I think it would be nice as well. Of course with matching Q values etc. And I'm not sure if the Q values are static for this EQ or changes based on whether you cut or boost.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM