Profiling adding sub bass

• I’m getting tons of sub bass that isn’t in the original amp (5150 III) before and after refining. Not using any pedals in front, just the straight amp into a Suhr Reactive Load IR. I have to use an EQ to high pass everything up to 120hz or above to even get it in the ball park, then it has no balls. Did a recent update change accuracy? I listen to profiles i made before that didn’t have any problems like this. (I’ve owned it since 2015, profiled many amps and Yes, I factory reset all the settings etc etc). There is definitely something going on, I’ve seen many reports on other forums of extra sub bass being added. I thought maybe it was a problem for the Kemper using the reactive load box/IR so I miced up the amp and the same thing. I’ve profiled this amp before so they definitely changed something in the low end accuracy with the profiling process. I saw CK mentioned it doesn’t matter because it gets filtered anyway in a mix...well I don’t want Kemper making mixing choices for me, High passing a guitar that drastically to cut out the extra subs (a lot extra) causes phase issues and nueters the sound. What’s going on here??

• Happens with a reactive load/IR as well (no mic in that situation) regardless of which IR I select as well as micing up the cab. Also, the sub bass would appear in the reference amp as well if it was crappy mic placement.

Edited 2 times, last by joelgrind ().

• Okay --- i need some help too ! No matter what i do - Kemper is adding so much sub bass to my profiles ! Honeymoon is over and i am not satisfied how profiles come out ! Also highmid and highs are not as the source --- is there a fix for this ?