Profiling adding extra sub bass not present on ref amp.

• Thanks for the suggestions, yeah I made sure Pure Cab is unchecked (instead of just being “0”) and all EQ’s and filters in the output section is flat.

• I guess you might need to refine the low end thump/palm mutes more. Refining is cumulative, so you can refine multiple times without losing your progress.
    No changes in the way the PROFILER sounds were made since it's release, apart from the already mentioned fix that made the low end more accurate (by lowering it).

• I appreciate the help guys, but it might be time to sell this thing. There’s definitely something different. Factory reset and all output eq’s and filters flat, upgraded to latest OS, pure cab unchecked, profiled two different amps (EVH III & JCM 800) with all settings at noon and the amp way below “power amp” saturation levels, tried a load box and a mic (standard SM57 where the cap meets cone).

Would refining with a bass help?

I’m tuned to D standard, but I was back in 2015 too and those profiles were close to perfect (same JCM 800, mic and guitar)

• Could it be that refining too long has an impact? I remember a video of a guy that was hitting every note on the fretboard hoping that that would help the refining process and the profiles came out terrible. When he simplified the refining process to just playing a few riffs his profiles improved considerably

• I tried It both ways. Tried it like the manual says “just play some chords” etc and also tried refining for a long period, also tried it with no refining because supposedly “it gets so close now refining is redundant” lol.

This isn’t a golden ears type situation, as you can see on my EQ match it’s way off in the low end. After reading this forum it seems most people on here don’t profile their own amps and just buy pro packs. I’m going to contact some of the pro profile sellers and see if they encountered this.

I’ll also contact support but not sure what they are going to tell me except to “factory reset”.

I mainly started this to see if anyone was finding more sub bass than the real amp, and apparently a few people on this thread have (as well as others on the forum if you do a search about it).

If anyone wants to see my amp settings, mic placement or sound files, that Dropbox link I posted earlier is still active.

• I contacted support. I will let everyone know what they say...if anything, to help others with this issue.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this as the Kemper has proved useful for me over the years and would like to add new profiles to my repertoire instead of just relying on ones I made 6 years ago.

• I contacted support. I will let everyone know what they say...if anything, to help others with this issue.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this as the Kemper has proved useful for me over the years and would like to add new profiles to my repertoire instead of just relying on ones I made 6 years ago.

Hey joelgrind ! Any news to this ?