First single from my new album, featuring Tony Levin and Jerry Marotta

• Hi All! I wanted to share with you "Would I be me", the first single from my album "Out of Control" which will be released by 7d Media on November 19th.

Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson) and Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates) are featured in this song.

I used Kemper Amp for all electric guitars in the album, with the exception of one song. In particular for this song I played a Burny Les Paul with a Sustainer Pickup and a Roland Jazz Chorus profile, with Compressor, Fuzz, Pedal Pitch, Whah Low Pass e Delay from Kemper.

Let me know what you think about the sound and of the song in general

For any additional info, please visit: http://www.marcomattei.art

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fantastic line-up!

I'm in no position to give any feedback on the production or song. But it sounds great to me, I like the choice of instruments, good message and video too. Reminds me a little of the songwriting style of the Finn brothers, as they're about as good as it gets I hope you'll take that as a compliment. Excellent stuff, best of luck with the project!

• Ok, so please forgive this neophyte, I realize I am nothing if not a little schmalzy and predictable so it's probably a terrible idea or piece of feedback but I was sitting there listening and thinking I would really like if at the end of the verse it would modulate from the F#m not back immediately to the D but instead to the B for a whole bar to break up the rhythm slightly and then go back to the D (then back to rocking between A and D). That is however just me, my rationale for doing that would be to create an extra bit of tension in the mantra and allow a little hooky vocal flight.

• Fantastic line-up!

I'm in no position to give any feedback on the production or song. But it sounds great to me, I like the choice of instruments, good message and video too. Reminds me a little of the songwriting style of the Finn brothers, as they're about as good as it gets I hope you'll take that as a compliment. Excellent stuff, best of luck with the project!

Thanks Per! I am glad you liked it. I am not familiar with the Finn brothers... I will look them up and listen.

• Ok, so please forgive this neophyte, I realize I am nothing if not a little schmalzy and predictable so it's probably a terrible idea or piece of feedback but I was sitting there listening and thinking I would really like if at the end of the verse it would modulate from the F#m not back immediately to the D but instead to the B for a whole bar to break up the rhythm slightly and then go back to the D (then back to rocking between A and D). That is however just me, my rationale for doing that would be to create an extra bit of tension in the mantra and allow a little hooky vocal flight.

It's interesting you say that. There is another song in the album where I do something like that. For this one I kind of did not want any additional tension... I wanted it as smooth as it gets harmonically and tried to create some interesting parts through the arrangement instead.

• Great song and great video. Congratulations. Really pro stuff, well done :thumbup:8)

Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson) and Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates)

Legends. Pure legends. Their work with Peter Gabriel has influenced me so much in my musical life. Incredible. How cool to have them contributing to your song :)

• Just seing on your website that you have Fabio Trentini playing with you as well. How cool. I love his work with H-BlockX and also with the Guano Apes. Super versatile guy and bass player :thumbup:8)

• How did those come about? Just curious (and impressed obviously)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Great song and great video. Congratulations. Really pro stuff, well done :thumbup:8)

Legends. Pure legends. Their work with Peter Gabriel has influenced me so much in my musical life. Incredible. How cool to have them contributing to your song :)

Thanks. Having Jerry and Tony in my record was an unbelievable experience!

• Just seing on your website that you have Fabio Trentini playing with you as well. How cool. I love his work with H-BlockX and also with the Guano Apes. Super versatile guy and bass player :thumbup:8)

Oh yes, Fabio is great. I love his sound. I hope I can work with him as a producer in the future.