Reamping output issue

• Hi,

Perplexed on this end trying to get stomps and effects to work when reamping via SPDIF. If I go direct in with a guitar and cable, all the stomps and effects work fine. I can record the dry SPDIF Left signal out of the Kemper into my DAW just fine. Upon playback via SPDIF using any OUTPUT choice, I get no stomps. I have checked every output setting and tested them with the Green Scream pedal which is internal in the Kemper. I am missing something here, but can't bang my head against the wall much more as it hurts too much.

I have also tried using the Main Outputs va XLR when reamping via SPDIF input and while I get signal, there are no stomps present. I am stumped!

The key seems to be that once I set the Input Source to "SPDIF Input Reamp", then the stomps and effects are disabled. No matter the output choice when using the reamp playback from the DAW.

If possible, I would prefer to stay in the Rig Manager for settings made in the Kemper.

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks,

LB

Edited once, last by LBro44: Update for clarity... ().

• I just found one thing mucking up the show. In the DAW I had an errant routing issue. At least now I am not hearing 2 blended signals. However the issue remains as I get little if any effect from the stomps...

LB

Edited once, last by LBro44 ().

• HI,

Yes, I can hear the stomps with headphones and they seem more bold. I now hear them as well with SPDIF Output in the output section set to Master Studio, but they seem more subtle here. That could simply be the difference in volume level though. I think the routing issue was blending in a pure signal and messing things up.

Let me ask you this, as the pedals seem weak to me in level. If I add the "Green Scream" pedal with "Drive, Volume and Mix" settings full up, should I hear a sizeable difference in tone? Maybe my expectations are too great for these stomps?

Thanks,

LB

• the level of the stomps is the same for every output that uses the Master Stereo output source.

Maybe you experience some routing issues in your DAW where you monitor the same signal multiple times which can create phase issues. If you are unhappy with the Green Scream try the Kemper Drive instead.

• Thanks,

I will look into what you shared. The green scream was simply used as an on/off test to see if I was getting something out of the stomp(s). I do have the routing sorted. But I still have the question as to how much level there is on stops as far as their effects. I will broaden my stomp testing to include the pedal you mentioned.

Thanks again,

LB