Kemper sound great on monitor out but horrible on main output

• I am using a Kemper PowerRack with a Mesa 2x12 cabinet as monitor. Basically the sound is great on my monitor cab. It’s thick and full of character, simply exactly what I want. I am aware that I probably cannot expect exactly the same sound on PA. But going through the main output the sound is so surprisingly different. It sounds thin, somehow harsh and digital.

The main and monitor EQ settings are all neutral and the monitor cab off is set. The OS Version is 8.5.8.

Maybe I overlooked something. Any hint how this can be fixed is very welcome.:)

Cheers

Michael

• Make sure that you are not clipping the inputs of your mixer. Activate the -12dB option in the output menu and then set the output level for the main outs to a value that does not clip the line level input of your mixer.

• You have to create and tweak some dedicated profiles for going straight to FOH.

Lock everything on your existing profiles expect the cab block and browse through as many rigs as possible to find a cab that can suits your need.

Then tweak it.

Hope it helps.

Ps: I use my stage FOH and had hard times finding and tweaking my profiles to sound full and big.