New tone matching...and help needed

• Hi, I was trying today to exactly match Yngwie's tone. Nope I couldnt nail it exact and was hoping someone in here has it down....Also any ideas on his delay and reverb settings for his solo tone? Can they be achieved on the kemper? Id like to hear those exact effects settings with say a Diezel or an Engl :love:

Any help with an exact replica of his Marshall solo tone and his fx would be great! Thanks guys!! :thumbup:

• Hi, I was trying today to exactly match Yngwie's tone. Nope I couldnt nail it exact and was hoping someone in here has it down....Also any ideas on his delay and reverb settings for his solo tone? Can they be achieved on the kemper? Id like to hear those exact effects settings with say a Diezel or an Engl :love:

Any help with an exact replica of his Marshall solo tone and his fx would be great! Thanks guys!! :thumbup:

not a big Yngwie fan, but I imagine the YJM profiles would be a good place to start.

Hello fellow Yngwie fan!
    Here is a good yngwie setup link, scroll down to the last post.
    COMPREHENSIVE "YNGWIE-TONE" & EQUIPMENT SET-UP OVERVIEW INFORMATION:
    https://bareknucklepickups.co.…m/index.php?topic=22956.0

Most important for me is low output pickups + boost/od pedal + marshall style amp + similar cab.
    The YJM profiles can get you there. Don't be afraid to experiment with the setup.
    :)

• If you want to ruin the organic natural sounding genius of a Kemper Profiled amp tone, then use tone matching.

Try using "play matching", that works a lot better.

Put Yngwie on a stage with 10 different high gain amps, Marshalls, Bogners, Mesas, whatever, he'll sound the same through all of them.

Prove me wrong.

• Try using "play matching", that works a lot better.

??

im gathering you dont like yngwie...each to their own :)

Im interested in experimenting with different setups thats all ;)

btw ive heard yngwie playing through a crate amp and he DID sound different...

Thanks so much HK for the link will be checking it out. cheers bro!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• I love Yngwie, what's there not to love, guys a genius.

"Play matching" was a joke. :)

• Not being a tone snob but I could clearly hear a difference. Also each player had a different touch. The amps were tonally very different. Im sure im no expert but someone like Eric Johnson would pin point that. Everyones ears are different I suppose. Thanks for the mp3 examples bro :thumbup:

• Not being a tone snob but I could clearly hear a difference. Also each player had a different touch. The amps were tonally very different. Im sure im no expert but someone like Eric Johnson would pin point that. Everyones ears are different I suppose. Thanks for the mp3 examples bro :thumbup:

Absolutely they were different, they were not meant to be the same.
    One was an Axe-FX11 tone match of a Boston lead tone, the other was a random Pod 2 recording from 8 years ago.

The 'tone match' sucked the life & dynamics out of the Axe-FX11 amp sim, in this case the Pod sounded better.
    In other words, the Axe-FX11 would have sounded a LOT better had the guy created his own lead tone instead of matching the original recorded lead tone.

Am I making sense? :D

• I love Yngwie, what's there not to love, guys a genius.

"Play matching" was a joke. :)

I think, (correct me if I'm wrong) what he was trying to say is that a lot of any guitarist's tone comes from playing technique and even if you had Yngwie's exact rig, you probably wouldn't be able to sound like him. I've owned (accidentally) the same rig as the Edge, but you'd never now it by listening to me play though it. I'm not an Edge fan and I know nothing of his style of playing. I guess I also wasn't really trying for his sound either. I guess I don't really understand the "how can I get his person's exact sound" thing anyway. Why not just experiment with what the KPA has to offer and find your own great sound? :|