[Noob question] Why do Kemper commercial profiles exist?

• Been using Kemper for 1 year now and never paid for a profile. I don't believe you have to. Just do your homework. If you can't get a killer tone with the 1000's of free ones then you not going to get it by paying for it. How many of your favorite artists paid someone else to get their tone that you love so much? Zero? (Def Leppard excluded).

That's my philosophy.

I disagree that pros don’t ‘pay’ for their tone.

Every amp they bought, every pedal they tried.Every modification done to a circuit. Paid for.

Sometimes over and over to chase what they want.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I disagree that pros don’t ‘pay’ for their tone.

Every amp they bought, every pedal they tried.Every modification done to a circuit. Paid for.

Sometimes over and over to chase what they want.

But did they "pay" someone else to get the tone out of their amp? Nah... didn't think so. You can't credit the Kitchen appliances for what the Cook makes for dinner. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• But did they "pay" someone else to get the tone out of their amp?

Ask a recording engineer or a FOH engineer (or even their guitar tech) if they get paid for "getting the tone out of the amps" for their clients.

You can bend the argument in whatever direction you want, there will always be someone they trust and pay to help them get the best out of their gear.

• Ask a recording engineer or a FOH engineer (or even their guitar tech) if they get paid for "getting the tone out of the amps" for their clients.

You can bend the argument in whatever direction you want, there will always be someone they trust and pay to help them get the best out of their gear.

Which is exactly what you’re doing when you buy a profile. Either you pay the FOH guy and get a pro….or you ask a friend who ‘has some gear’.

We’re arguing over nothing. I’ve paid for profiles after sampling some from RM and been *very* happy. I’ve also spent a couple bucks on crap (for me) profiles.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I can't speak for everyone, but for a guy like me that used to have to shell out THOUSANDS of dollars to change up a rig just to eventually find it wasn't QUITE what I wanted ... or that a Fender Blackface tone can't be created (even close) with a JCM ... and neither of those can sound anything like a Mesa Trippel Rectifier, etc, etc, etc, I just really like trying out different rig packs for ..... oh, $30-$60.

Shoot, my wife spends more on this a month for lottery tickets and I super positive, I get more out of my commercial profiles for the same price or less :)

• I can't speak for everyone, but for a guy like me that used to have to shell out THOUSANDS of dollars to change up a rig just to eventually find it wasn't QUITE what I wanted ... or that a Fender Blackface tone can't be created (even close) with a JCM ... and neither of those can sound anything like a Mesa Trippel Rectifier, etc, etc, etc, I just really like trying out different rig packs for ..... oh, $30-$60.

Shoot, my wife spends more on this a month for lottery tickets and I super positive, I get more out of my commercial profiles for the same price or less :)

Yeah, me, too. Getting a new profile pack is like getting a new pedal. But, for like 10% of the price. I like when ToneJunkies has their Flash Sales. I’ve been getting 50-90% off—makes buying a new amp profile almost a no-brainer. Like lunch from Carl’s Jr.