[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• Some pictures and words about the Plexi - it's the Amp from a friend and he was so nice to let me use it for some weeks.

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/plexi.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/PlexiBack.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/PlexiDark.jpg]

First the features not found in that amp:
    -effects
    -effects loop
    -channels
    -mode switches
    -master volume

But yes, this beast sounds great - and was the loudest amp I ever profiled.
    To get this amp into distorting the volume must be cranked - and there is no master volume.
    This creates the special sound of overdriven power tubes (100Watt from 4x EL34).

There are knobs for presence (I used them at 12:00) since it can be easily adjusted with the KPA's presence knob later.
    And then Bass, Middle and Treble - that's it - and the volume knobs (one for each input 'Normal' and 'Bright').
    The amp sounds best when all is maxed out ;)

There are 4 inputs, two "Bright" inputs (high and low) and two "Normal" inputs (high and low).

The normal input was profiled 'classic' with all the tone stack knobs maxed (bass, middle, trebble) and different volume settings (0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10)

The Bright input is really bright - even the neck pickup from a LesPauls sounds bright then.
    This channel was also profiled with all the different volume settings.
    But we created 3 sets of profiles - with 3 trebble settings (0, 5, 10)

Last but not least was the amp jumpered.
    As visible in the last picture the bright and normal inputs are connected with a patch cable.
    The bright high input is then the input for the guitar.
    This gives us the option to use the two volume knobs (from the bright and normal input) at the same time.
    By this can we mix the very bright sound from the bright channel with the fat tone from the normal channel.
    Several settings were profiled.

How could I handle the volume when the amp was cranked?
    I could not.
    So I used a passive box to reduce the power from the amp until it goes into the speakers - it was still lound :D

Both my Strat and LesPauls love this amp - and now the amp profiles (with effects and at any volume I like).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Soundclips coming soon - here is a clip I created some time ago when I first experimented with my new darker cabinet.

I experimented with a lot of different cabinets - and found that I like my Elmwood 4x12" Vintage 30 cabinet best for most head's (and even combos).

The Marshall JVM was first profiled with a Marshall V30 cabinet (1936 V) - and I love the results ...

... but I wanted to have some 'dark', 'warm' sounds in addition - and was trying some other types of speakers - and found the 1x12" C90 Mesa Boogie Thiele box to work great for this profiling sessions.

C90 vs V30

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Yes, I hope to create some more sound clips in the next days.

Here is a clip of the fantastic Plexi amp (JMP 1959) I profiled in the last weeks:

Strat and Plexi

The clip was done with my Strat (single coil bridge pickup) - it's one profile only - and I play with the volume pot of the strat.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Need Sound Clips!!!

BTW, is there a way you could setup personal login's to see your purchase history? Thanks!

If you have registered at ShareIt (our ordering provider) then you should be able to see your purchase history.

• I bought the new pack.
    Best Marshall Plexi profiles I've played. That includes the "other' commercial ones.

Been playing around with the greenback versions. Wonderful sound, haven't even gotten to the other amps in the pack yet.
    Keep up the work Armin.

• I bought the new pack.
    Best Marshall Plexi profiles I've played. That includes the "other' commercial ones.

Been playing around with the greenback versions. Wonderful sound, haven't even gotten to the other amps in the pack yet.
    Keep up the work Armin.

Yes, this profiles are special - not only because of the way I profile - but mainly because the amps used for profiling were very special too - I m glad I could use this amps for a while.

The funny thing - because the Kemper is this great I started to sell some of my tube amps - and make friends with some tube amp lovers which were so glad to lend me some fantastic sounding amps.

• [Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/GBBP.jpg]

The Genz-Benz Black Pearl 30 is a great sounding class A combo amp with a 12'' Eminence Red Fang Alnico speaker.

This amp has two channels (Normal and Boosted) and 5 switchable voicing's (Dark, Deep, Thick, Natural, Bright, Thick)
    All combinations were profiled with a R121 mic (not at the shown position - that would be to dark)

Sound clip
    (Strat - one profile - pickups switched)

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• I am blown away by the Greenback Marshall pack!!! Can't stop playing.
    Very well done Armin!!

I have been trying alot of Marshalls, both free and purchased, since I bought my Les Paul.
    The search is over. :thumbup:

• ... and it's even better with the Greenback Cab from Siggi Mehl.
    What I don't like (and I have bought all the Bundles so far) is the doubled and tripled Amp packs. I mean there is one JVM and I need to buy three packs to get all the profiles for it... same for the Mark V or the Deluxe 52. Having no real option to try the profiles before I end up buying all of them and using only one preferred set. Complaining on a high level, but essential with the knowledge I have, I would have just bought 10 sets (200€) instead of all Bundles (350€). But I know what happens when the next Bundle is available, especially after the great Plexi set ^^

What I'm still looking for is a crystal clear Fender Sound to get my magic six pack completed:

Fender Twin Reverb (I stil haven't found my clean sound in all the profiles I've tested...)
    Vox AC 30 crunch (I was supprised the sound side profiles didn't have more gain, I never played a real AC 30, but from other modelling amps, e.g. Pod XT and zenTera, I was expecting something else)
    Fender Deluxe (check)
    Marshall JTM 45 (The plexi profiles cover that)
    Marshall JCM 800 (The plexi profiles cover that, surprisingly)
    Mesa Boogie Rectifier (check)

• I am glad you like the profiles so much.

As for the Twin - I am searching for a good Twin - but have not found one yet.
    I tried a new one but it sound's dull - and old ones are not better in most cases - a great Twin is hard to find.

It was the same with the Plexi and the old Deluxe amps. I tried a few but only the one I profiled sounded great. That is a big part of the profile quality.

Yes, there are two packs of some amps - let me explain why - and maybe it helps others to select the right one for them.

Koch Studiotone
    -----------------------
    Pack07: Was done with the famous Koch inbuilt speaker simulator.
    (I use the Koch most of the time for band practice - and are used to this sound when I connect the Koch direct to the PA)

Pack24: That is the sound I love from the Koch when 'being next to the amp' - I (re)discovered the far miking technique while profiling the vintage amps for Bundle2

Mesa Boogie MKV
    ------------------------
    Pack08: I (have) owned the combo version some years and this pack use the inbuilt C90 speaker. This is the classic Mark tone with sounds from Mark I, IIC+ and IV

Pack28: Some users expected something different for the channel 3 (high gain) - since they are used to the sound of a Mark V (or IV) via a 4x12" cabinet.
    So I profiled channel 3 a second time (with my 4x12" speaker)

If anyone needs clean/crunch Mark sounds - get Pack08, if you look for more modern MK sounds get Pack28

Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special
    ---------------------------------------
    Similar:
    Pack04: inbuilt 2x12" speaker
    Pack32: 4x12" cabinet

For two other amps Marshall JVM and Plexi did I create two sets of profiles.
    One set with my 4x12" Vintage 30 cabinet - this is for the users which like a more modern bright sound.
    And another set with a more 'Vintage warm" sounding cabinet (JVM=C90, Plexi=Greenback)

1952 Vintage Fender Deluxe
    ------------------------------------

This old amp was killed during the first profiling session (Pack17) - this pack sounds great and shows the amp with all original 1952 parts.

The amp was repaired, and we found that it sounds at least different if not better after this.
    This was far profiled and since the amp survived the UFO sounds - contains much more profiles.
    The second pack has a more 'woody' sound.