[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• While I love my Fuchs BlackJack21 - I was wondering if the Fuchs ODS can do something more.

Unfortunatly were the first profiles bad sounding - tube problems - now it seams to be great.

'hope the next pack will be ready next week.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Sorry - some delay here - Pack60 will be ready next week - and sounds killer!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Regarding purchasing this amp profile, I'm rather interested does the KPA act differently between these tubes when running outboard gear into KPA?

In the real world the EF86 is known for powerfull and high headroom preamp tube, ideal running pedals into, but how does this translate in Kemper, or is there difference at all?

• Regarding purchasing this amp profile, I'm rather interested does the KPA act differently between these tubes when running outboard gear into KPA?

In the real world the EF86 is known for powerfull and high headroom preamp tube, ideal running pedals into, but how does this translate in Kemper, or is there difference at all?

Where do you get this from?
    I've got a Vox AC15 Heritage with an EF86 and a 12AX7 channel.
    In fact the headroom on the EF86 is lower than on the 12AX7 given this channel a more liquid and create distortion whereas the 12A7 is more stable and stays clean a little longer.

• We created profiles for all the many ODS switches.

It's like having a ODS right in from of you and switching the many options.

Here is the used naming convention

All these are RAW profiles without any tweaks or effects.

Clean Profiles:

e.g.
    ODS C B0 D1 R1

Overdriven Profiles:

e.g
    ODS D G09 I09 R1 M1 B0

• Where do you get this from?
    I've got a Vox AC15 Heritage with an EF86 and a 12AX7 channel.
    In fact the headroom on the EF86 is lower than on the 12AX7 given this channel a more liquid and create distortion whereas the 12A7 is more stable and stays clean a little longer.

Pretty much all over, web and books. Fast google result indicates same, like 4 first discussions around EF86 (and pedals). Users commenting on amps like Bad Cat Panther, Dr Z Z28 and KT45, Matchless Clubman and DC-30, Fargen AC15, Morgan DR etc.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1043619
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1168900
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1147284
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/…itar/acapella-29/1840714-

But the actual question remains still, does the Kemper react differently regarding headroom and compression when comparing 12AX7 and EF86 profiled preamps driven with pedals, or is it more like tonal (EQ) and gain structure difference?

• Thanks for all your quotations.
    Still my own experience stands against it.
    I just played my Vox AC 15 Heritage for a long while this afternoon and the conclusion is still: the 12 AX7 channel is the more stable one.
    I haven't profiled this amp satisfactorily yet so I can't comment about the translation ATM.
    And sorry for derailing the thread (a bit). ;)

• But the actual question remains still, does the Kemper react differently regarding headroom and compression when comparing 12AX7 and EF86 profiled preamps driven with pedals, or is it more like tonal (EQ) and gain structure difference?

The KPA captures also the 'dynamics' (compression) - the best way is to put your favorite pedals in front of these profiles - do some recordings - and let us know the results.

• Two demo clips are up.

As requested I used a Strat for the first and a LesPauls for the second clip.

• Two demo clips are up.

As requested I used a Strat for the first and a LesPauls for the second clip.

@ Armin you wrote "Raw profiles and specials...." for Me Raw = no eq no comp no LPF HPF also no Reverb,Delay etc... it seems to me that I can hear the reverb in these samples? :D
    Such a small note :thumbup:

Sounds good!

Stay Metal!

• Yes you are right - as with most of my packs - it contains both RAW profiles and 9 "ready to rock" profiles - some were created for Strat others for LesPauls.

I have used these special ones for the demo clips.

• @ Armin you wrote "Raw profiles and specials...." for Me Raw = no eq no comp no LPF HPF also no Reverb,Delay etc... it seems to me that I can hear the reverb in these samples?
    Such a small note

Armin profiles don't have reverb. I've bought some of them.

• Yes, this pack contains 21 RAW and 9 processed profiles - I am glad you like it.

• I was asked which profiles I was using for the Strat Demo ..

ODS Strat Demo

The whole demo was done with only one profile 'ODS M09 Strat Burn ++'

I started with the middle PU (volume reduced on the Strat), then middle/bridge and finally bridge PU only.
    Then I increased the volume on the guitar pot.

This one profile can be used from clean to cranked - the KPA does this so well!

(Single coil Strat was used)

• If you select more than one Profile Pack you automatically create a Custom Bundle and save 50% on the second and additional packs.

Note 1:
    The additional item 'CustomBundle' in your cart is needed to get the reduced price.

Note 2:
    This works on a per purchase base - so you will not get the 50% discount if you buy only one pack several times.