[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• Guys, you don't have to buy the profiles! :evil::whistling::wacko::!:

I don't see the headline share your free profiles, and I don't think CK blames people taking a bit more effort to generate high professional profiles to charge for them.
    The JVM profiles are spot on and make me wish Armin could profile my modded JVM. :thumbup:8o

So feel free to just use free profiles, but don't bother people waiting for new profiles from Armin (I would love to get a Fender Twin Reverb, some old Marshalls (JTM 45, Plexi, JCM 800) and a Rectifier) by posting irrelevant comments here (you won't stop people from making paid profiles and other people form buying them) and let Armin focus on profiling instead of explaining himself. Thanks.

• Hi,
    I've bought Armin's profiles some days ago and have tested them.
    And let me say: all are good and useable.
    Before buying Armin's profiles I've downloaded the hundreds of free profiles.
    Ofcourse some are also well done. But I'd spent a lot of time to find them out.
    So if you don't want to waste your time in downloading and testing free profiles
    you can buy Armin's for some $.
    They are really worth the money. :thumbup:

• I went for the bundle last night. I think encouraging people who are doing good profiles with more exotic amps is a very good thing. I hope I have some time to go though them this weekend! 8o

• I went for the bundle last night. I think encouraging people who are doing good profiles with more exotic amps is a very good thing. I hope I have some time to go though them this weekend! 8o

+1 Very sensible thinking. I have the full pack and find the profiles to be very good and you receive a lot of different profiles for each amp along with modded/tweaked profiles so you get a very good representation of the amp.

• Guys, you don't have to buy the profiles! :evil: :whistling: :wacko: :!:

I don't see the headline share your free profiles, and I don't think CK blames people taking a bit more effort to generate high professional profiles to charge for them.
    The JVM profiles are spot on and make me wish Armin could profile my modded JVM. :thumbup: 8o

So feel free to just use free profiles, but don't bother people waiting for new profiles from Armin (I would love to get a Fender Twin Reverb, some old Marshalls (JTM 45, Plexi, JCM 800) and a Rectifier) by posting irrelevant comments here (you won't stop people from making paid profiles and other people form buying them) and let Armin focus on profiling instead of explaining himself. Thanks.

Agreed!

And to those complaing:
    Stop playing forum police. The place is run by CK & Co. and he seems to be ok with it. This playground is big enough for all of us. Please stop parenting other fellas and simply leave the threads you're not interested in alone.

Thank You.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Installing the new rigs now... just wanted you to know that I had some trouble with the zip file on my Mac running OS 10.5.8. Wouldn't even start to unzip it... just said, "Couldn't decompress because is has not finished downloading." I was easily able to do it on my Windows Vista box, but just in case others without a second machine...

• Armin, any word on when you'll be putting up the Mesa Mrk V profiles?

I am profiling my MK V since two weeks and hope to finish it by end of next week - it takes some time the way I do it.
    Some of the created profiles sound this great that I spend a lot of time playing instead of profiling :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I have a bit of criticism of this bundle. I was just quickly going though them, so this is not any official review, but a good number of the rig presets peaked my output by a fair amount. A quick look-see showed that the output of the cabinet was cranked up a bit. Simply lowering it did the trick, but my input wasn't peaking at all and I generally haven't had to worry much about clipping on the output with any of the included profiles or the ones I've downloaded from the rig exchange.

Other than that, the profiles sound good, though tbh I could have totally skipped the Axe profiles. It's pretty clear they're a copy of a fake when put next to actual amp profiles. Still I was able to get one of the Axe-Orange models sounding pretty good after I messed with the sag and whatnot.

• Yes, I adjusted the volume in the CAB block in some patches in my older sets - at that time where the levels quite different after profiling.

Now (I use firmware 1.1.1) will the profiling levels be automatically adjusted - and I don't need to do this trick anymore - I am not sure when all this was changed.

If you find some profiles clipping - simple adjust the volume in the CAB block does the trick.

When fw 1.1.1 get the release state will I rework all the profiles levels as well.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• My AxeFx II profiles where done before I sold my box.
    The old firmware 4.x was used - so it sounds different compared to 5.x or 6.x firmware.

I love some of the old AxeFx II sounds very much - since I do not own all the real amps included in the AxeFx II.

IMHO are profiles of real amps much better - but it's a matter of taste.

Some of the profiles sound great 'out of the box' - most will improve a lot if combined with CAB's from other profiles.

For me it's a way to 'still have my old sounds' while the AxeFx is gone.

• btw. today is the last change to get all our current profiles sets 01-07 in a bundle (35% off).

This bundle will be replaced by two new bundles 'HighGain' and 'BluesAndSpecial' each will contain 4 profile sets and will be $49.99

A new profile set 'MKV' will be available soon too :D

• The new profile set 'MK V' is available now

The two new bundles as well

The new profile set 'MKV' is based on a Mesa Boogie Mark V.
    69(!) profiles were created with various settings incl. the favorite settings of a very famous Mark V user.

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().