speaker question

• hey guys, ive got a kemper powered head. right now im using this cabinet. https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-inch-slant-cabinet-green

my question is this. would i be better off getting kemper kones and putting them inside the mission cab, or am i better off getting 2 kemper kabs. or am i really better off getting 2 powered kabs getting a kemper stage, and gettign 2 powered kemper kabs. or do thee kones really not do that much fore the sound. i play grunghe rock / metal.

• How much tonal variety do you need? If you stay in a similar ballpark most of the time I'd use the actual speakers that you love. V30, Greenback, etc, rather than getting a Kone to mimic them.

If you play live a lot on stages I'd stick with a single cab, powered by the Kemper head.

If you play mostly at home or jam with friends, with the occasional small gig then maybe move to a stereo setup.

• That's a nice 4x12. If you don't have the Kones then you can't use the kone imprints. I don't know how much more tone you can get out of kones to satisfy you. but having those imprint options is better than a single cab sound, IMO.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.