Desktop PC causing noise

• So I had this problem for a while and kinda avoided it by placing my pc far away from my audio interface/guitar cables when recording. But now I decided to finally address the issue, was thinking about either (maybe both?):

a) Swapping pc power supply for something with better components (not sure if it will help, and how much good power supplies that dont cause much electric noise cost).

b) Buying DI box and using balanced cable out of it.

Anyone who dealt with this problem, what do you think is the optimal solution in this situation?

• I have my interface (USB powered) on top of my profiler and the profiler is directly above the computer. The profiler and computer is plugged into the same main circuit but each one is on a separate surge suppressor. I've never heard of a PC causing noise before. Could be your lighting, ceiling fan, or appliances. ??

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have my interface (USB powered) on top of my profiler and the profiler is directly above the computer. The profiler and computer is plugged into the same main circuit but each one is on a separate surge suppressor. I've never heard of a PC causing noise before. Could be your lighting, ceiling fan, or appliances. ??

No, its coming from PC's PSU Im 99% sure. I tried to get closer to the pc and the static noise gets worse, while if i move away it fades away completely. Affects both kemper and DI, it just messes the signal on the instrument cable since its not balanced. Can you tell me what PSU do you have in your PC since you dont have any noise?

• I think mine is a Corsair 750 watt Plus model. It's about 8 years old. Corsair, EVGA, Thermaltake, and CoolMaster are all good PSU's.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I'd recommend that you take another look at your guitar cables also. I had a cable from a well-known brand cause me hassle for ages, and only realised it a few weeks ago.