bypass Kemper

• Is there anyway to bypass my Kemper stage during recording or playing live .

I need to bypass the entire thing since im going to go through another unit or through in or out of the box preamps, and if i dont kill the whole unit, then ill be going through 2 units:?:

thanks for the help

• In this scenario I would set the output to Git Analog which will send a DI signal before the oes through the KPA digital converters.

This option is only available on the Direct Out of the Head or Rack or on Send 1 of the Stage.

If you want to use the main outs or monitor out you could use Git Studio but this is a louder signal which has already been through the converters.

If you are recording via SPDIF then you can always have a DI signal on the Left Channel if you want.

• Playing live, if you want to go back and forth between the KPA and your other unit, the best would be to use an ABY box before them

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

Allan,

While im recording and i switch from guitar to bass, id rather just hit a switch to bypass the kemper so my bass can go direct to the board.

Rather than unplugging and moving this and that to do the same thing. My other boards, you step on a switch, or use the tuner out mode and the signal is unaffected, so id get just my bass?

there are a few strategies I can think of.

Are you unplugging the guitar and swapping the cable to the bass or planning to leave both plugged in all the time?

If both need to be plugged in all the time you will need an AB switch or some other means of combining. Or, if you aren’t using the FX loop already you could use the Return Input for the bass.

One option would be to just create a Rig with ever Turned off and call it Bass. Whenever you select Bass you get a rig that is just the Direct signal but it will already have gone through A/D D/A conversation and be at a much higher signal level than the direct signal from the instrument itself. This would work well in most cases though.

Another option would be to connect the main outs as normal and use them for full rigs. Also connect the Direct Out and set the output source to either Git Analog or Git+Processing this would allow you to simply select the correct input on the DAW to change between Kemper and Direct.

If you have SPDIF you could do the same thing in the digital domain.

Another option would be to use Output Presets. You would have one Preset for Guitar which uses the main Outputs as Master Stereo or Master Mono and another which uses the Main Outputs as Git+Processing or Studio.

Another alternative to output presets is to use the FX Loop as a send only. That way when you engage the Slot with the loop in it you will break the signal path in the Kemper and only the sound upto the loop will be sent to the DAW. If the loop is in Stomp A it will just send Bass.

It also depends on whether you record mono or stereo and whether you record analog or SPDIF. I almost always record mono so I set my SPDIF out to Git Master Mono and always record both so that I have a backup track for reamping. The same thing can be do in analog too (in fact you could record Master Stereo plus direct in this scenario). When recording Bass I record a DI track PLUS a Bass Rig such as Ampeg SVT simultaneously). That way I have a solid bass sound from outset which I can use on its own or combine with the DI but I can also reamp a different bass rig later if necessary.

I would recommend reading the section on Output Section in the main menu and watching the outputs for recording tutorial on the Kemper website (or youtube) to get a better idea of what is possible.

• Hm if we talk about recording why don't you just connect the bass to another input on your interface? Sounds easier but maybe that is not an option.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM