FR not available in Global Imprint Select (output section)

• Does anyone know why the Full-Range option is not available as Global Imprint in the Output Section?

You can set it per rig, in the Cabinet section, but not in the Output section. Seems weird...

Also, whenever I load a Rig, the default is to take the Global Imprint setting (in the Cabinet section). I have to manually change it to FR mode, each time (and save it).

I would have preferred that the default is FR mode, and that you can choose the Global Imprint setting.

Would be no problem if you could select FR in the Global Imprint (Output) section...

Any thoughts?

• No because then you cannot use the Global Imprints at all... not in the Output section, and not in the Cabinet section...

I don't understand your intentions. Either you want Full-Range Mode globally or you don't. If you want, don't activate Monitor Cab Off. If you don't, activate Monitor Cab. Off and select your global Speaker Imprint. Kemper Kone needs to be activated all the time. All settings in the Output Section are global.

With Monitor Cab Off activated and Speaker Imprinted selected globally, you could now overwrite the global selection locally within the cabinet module. So for a particular cabinet in a particular Rig you could chose to deviate from the global Speaker Imprint selection and locally select another Speaker Imprint or even Full-Range Mode.

These whole mechanics are explained in the Main Manual chapter KEMPER Kone. No need for guess work.

• I don't understand your intentions. Either you want Full-Range Mode globally or you don't. If you want, don't activate Monitor Cab Off. If you don't, activate Monitor Cab. Off and select your global Speaker Imprint. Kemper Kone needs to be activated all the time. All settings in the Output Section are global.

With Monitor Cab Off activated and Speaker Imprinted selected globally, you could now overwrite the global selection locally within the cabinet module. So for a particular cabinet in a particular Rig you could chose to deviate from the global Speaker Imprint selection and locally select another Speaker Imprint or even Full-Range Mode.

These whole mechanics are explained in the Main Manual chapter KEMPER Kone. No need for guess work.

I think FlyingSnowman wants to set FR mode globally and than in particular rig set some particular imprint. I am not sure if this is possible and since I am not with my Kemper at the moment I can not check it.

• I think FlyingSnowman wants to set FR mode globally and than in particular rig set some particular imprint. I am not sure if this is possible and since I am not with my Kemper at the moment I can not check it.

That's right vjelen . It is impossible to set it to FR globaly, only localy (per preset).

Burkhard I read the manual which is clear, but doesn't answer this question...

• That's right vjelen . It is impossible to set it to FR globaly, only localy (per preset).

Burkhard I read the manual which is clear, but doesn't answer this question...

That statement is wrong. It is easily possible to set Full-Range Mode globally as mentioned before and described in the manual.

However, if you intend to overrule locally, you need to work the other way around: Set Speaker Imprint Mode globally and overwrite by Rig with another Speaker Imprint or Full-Range as needed.

• That statement is wrong.

Well, not wrong imho, but incomplete. It should say: In the Output Section, you cannot set the Global Imprint to Full-Range. You can set this Full-Range setting locally in the Cabinet setting, per patch.

However, if you intend to overrule locally, you need to work the other way around: Set Speaker Imprint Mode globally and overwrite by Rig with another Speaker Imprint or Full-Range as needed.

Yes, that's my point, from the start :) I understand this and I did already in my first post, but this is exactly what I don't like, and I will explain why.

If you buy profiles from someone, you want to sound the rigs with the cabinets that the seller intended you to hear them. So the default should be FR (imho). Then, if you want to change the setting, you can still change the Speaker Imprint in the Cabinet section per patch. The way it's configured now means that you have to change the cabinet setting FOR EACH PROFILE to FR.

The other choice would be NOT to use the Global Imprint mode, but that means that you cannnot put it on in the cabinet setting of a rig. So for me, it would make much more sense if it were configured the other way around :) So it would make sense to have the possibility to select Full-Range in the Global Imprint setting in the Output secion.

• So for me, it would make much more sense if it were configured the other way around :)

I disagree that it would make more sense to be configured in reverse. The Kone is intended for people who want to use imprints. People who want full range by default tend to use a regular powered FRFR like a DXR10 or Headrush etc.

However, I do totally agree that it would be nice to have the option for those that want to use it ?

• Well, not wrong imho, but incomplete. It should say: In the Output Section, you cannot set the Global Imprint to Full-Range. You can set this Full-Range setting locally in the Cabinet setting, per patch.

Feel like a broken record...

Your suggested statement would be completely wrong, because Full-Range Mode can absolutely be set globally.. Please digest this fact.

And the way to do it is disabling Monitor Cab. Off., which is in line with the general logic, that if Monitor Cab. Off is not selected, the cabinet PROFILE plays at the MONITOR OUTPUT - and that means Full-Range Mode - and if you select Monitor Cab. Off, the cabinet PROFILE gets supressed. This is Speaker Imprint Mode. During Full-Ramge Mode the Imprint Select can effectively not be set to anything since it is consequently greyed out.

The manual exactly reflects this logic.

• I disagree that it would make more sense to be configured in reverse. The Kone is intended for people who want to use imprints. People who want full range by default tend to use a regular powered FRFR like a DXR10 or Headrush etc.

However, I do totally agree that it would be nice to have the option for those that want to use it ?

For me the situation, when this might be convenient is: When I buy new profile pack than first I want to hear pack producer intention of the whole pack, than I choose some profiles that sound good to me and try some imprints and at the end decide which setup sounds better to me. In current configuration you can achieve this as well but it is a little bit more time consuming.

• Burkhard I think you are both actually saying the same thing.

The OP seems to be asking for a way to set to Full Range globally (you both agree this can be done) but is also asking for the ability to override this on a rig by rig basis so that for example 9 rigs are full range but 1 rig has a V30 imprint.

If I am reading your reply correctly you and the OP are both saying that this is not currently possible. It is EITHER full range by defaul with NO imprint option OR Inprint by defaul with the ability to OVERRIDE this in an individual Rig’s cabinet block.

At the moment the OP would need to set V30 as the global imprint then go into 9 individual rigs and set them manually to Full Range.

I understand this logic and, to be honest, it works well for me but I can see that the OP has a different workflow.

• thank you Alan ;(

• There is one consistent way to select Full-Range Mode on that Kemper Kone page: by not selecting Monitor Cab. Off. There is no other redundent method on that page. As soon as you select Monitor Cab. Off, the whole global Imprint Select gets greyed out consequently.

The ability to overwrite a globally selected Speaker Imprint locally by cabinet had been added on user request.

The ability to select full-range as a local "speaker imprint" by cabinet was added later, again on user request.

This way you have all flexibility. Each cabinet can be either set to full-range or any of the speaker imprints available.

There is no intend to turn the logic around and allow to overwrite the global Monitor Cab. Off locally by cabinet.