No sound without DAW enabled?

• Hi - I seemed to have screwed something up now with my Spdif Kemper connection to Scarlett 6i6. I haven't used Garageband in some time so fired it up to play around and it seems to have rerouted my inputs and outputs so that I can hear anything through my studio monitors anymore. Kemper is receiving signal from guitar, Spdif hookup to Focusrite is showing good in Mixcontrol, Studio Monitors are hooked into Focusrite and powered on and no sound. I haven't changed anything in MixControl, only way I can get sound now is to power on GarageBand and then I hear Kemper through my computer speakers. Can anyone help me make sense of this? I should be able to just use the Kemper through the Audio Interface out of my Studio Monitors but I've got nothing. There has to be a problem with my inputs and outputs somehow but I'm lost. Thanks in advance for any help? What kills me is it was working fine until I launched Garageband after a really long time.

• So funny, I just ran into the same issue when I attached my interface for the first time in years....I can hear audio from the computer, but not the kemper.....I'm using the monitor out from the kemper and not spdif though. Mist be something in the interface settings, but can't find it....so annoying.

• 1. What signal are you sending out of the Profiler on S/PDIF? Master Stereo?

2. In MixControl both S/PDIF input channels show -infinity on the level indicator, as if there was no signal coming in at all. Check if your S/PDIF cables are connected correctly (In->Out and Out->In).

3. Also check if the interface shows "Locked" for the"Sync Status", can't see this in your screenshot.

4. Both S/PDIF input channels are mono panned to center. It's unlikely but maybe both channels cancel each other out? Either pan channel 1 left and channel 2 right ... or just switch it to a stereo channel.

• 1. What signal are you sending out of the Profiler on S/PDIF? Master Stereo?

2. In MixControl both S/PDIF input channels show -infinity on the level indicator, as if there was no signal coming in at all. Check if your S/PDIF cables are connected correctly (In->Out and Out->In).

3. Also check if the interface shows "Locked" for the"Sync Status", can't see this in your screenshot.

4. Both S/PDIF input channels are mono panned to center. It's unlikely but maybe both channels cancel each other out? Either pan channel 1 left and channel 2 right ... or just switch it to a stereo channel.

Sync Status shows indeed 'No Lock' in the picture

• Thanks everyone - screenshot attached. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I am still using an old Saffire Pro interface but it uses the exact same version of Mix Control.

The only difference in my settings is that I have SPDIF1 - SPDIF Output1 (nstead of Analog In 1 - SPDIF Output 1) and SPDIF2 - SPDIF Output2 (instead of off)