Drowning

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tonights noodle, just a much quicker one as I need to make time for other things in my life than just music.

• I know right Franjoe30 ! I was surprised too, but sadly I need to make money. So as much as I love music and could spend a lifetime honing the craft and pushing forwards to learn more I have to start cutting back so I have time to sleep as well as work on other things.

• Hi Per, I wonder how much time you spend on a track from grabbing the guitar to pushing to soundcloud ?

You're hyper creative , and your brain is probably addicted to creation , so you won't get rid of this practice like this , to our great pleasure ;)

My own perfect balance is left brain for IT linux & AIX engineering stuff by day and right brain in the evening & week end , I couldn't be happier , with of course the kids & girlfriend.

• I know right Franjoe30 ! I was surprised too, but sadly I need to make money. So as much as I love music and could spend a lifetime honing the craft and pushing forwards to learn more I have to start cutting back so I have time to sleep as well as work on other things.

Per I hear you, i only get time to record at night once the family has gone to bed. I've managed to get my recording workflow down to about 2 hours per track, other than that i'd never get any recording done ?

• You're hyper creative , and your brain is probably addicted to creation , so you won't get rid of this practice like this , to our great pleasure

What a wonderful summary. Exactly this :thumbup:8)

Again great idea for a tune even if it is rather just a short excerpt. Nice how the intro goes into the song mode then. Reminds me a lot of the super cool "The Funeral" of Band of Horses. A song which quite impressed me as the soundtrack of the even more impressive "Inspired Bicycles" video with Danny MacAskill. Not sure how often I watched that with my son over the years...

• Thanks for checking it out chaps!

waraba , deadman42 and Franjoe30 well, when I started out it was just an hour but then it just starts to creep up. Mostly it's around two hours from start to finish of tracking, mixing and mastering, but sometimes more. The issue is that once creativity starts it doesn't want to stop. It's a rusty old dry spigot who's only lubrication is itself, at first nothing, just the worst non-ideas. I may even track something that's super generic. Then I get one idea, then I want to add another, by the time I'm going to sleep I have a bazillion great ideas in my head which will all have flown the coup by the morning. I get into the flow of putting together parts of a track and before I know it I'm up at 4 hours working on a track, adding details, refining mix and master. Then once I've uploaded I might spend another whole hour coming up with and writing a little narrative in the description field. That's a lot of time.

I do the music thing at the end of the day too. Day-time is coding, then dinner, a little light gaming with some friends, followed by music. What I want to do is get the music thing down to a more regimented under two hours thing. I love doing it, but sometimes it feels a bit like a form of OCD - and it doesn't earn any money and isn't likely to. You have to be strict with time management.

• Thx for the feedback, I really appreciate to know your own workflow & drive. 2 to 4 hours seems very good given the excellent results.

2 hours looks like a very decent time each day, that's the time I spend on my own music discipline , often with just 1 hour

, but I also do some trumpet and vocal warming almost each day.

About making money ... yeah that would be great , but It's almost impossible, the only option I fount after many research is related to crypto & NFT. We can forget spotify & Co , as they only pay 1% of their most known artist while the other 99% fill their catalog for free :(

• Yeah, I've thought about it but realize it costs quite a bit to mint stuff at least on any platform where you're going to get anything of worth and that's a big risk, my quality would have to be much much better.

• Rocki.app has some almost free minting process with binance blockchains and some incoming features like staking and streaming vs rockis for artists and streamers. I wouldn't care about the quality of your tracks TBH , they are really great.

It's still alpha tough , like they lost almost all my tracks in a DB upgrade a few months ago ...