Kemper scores another win! So do my guitars!

• My wife is talking on phone to a coworker whose husband happens to be a guitarist too. Wife comes into my studio and starts taking photos of my guitars to text to her (they are trading guitar photos :huh:) and then says. "I need to take a picture of my husband's Kemper to send you and see if your husband knows about this thing. It's very powerful".

I thought wives traded cooking recipes?

Win for Kemper and me! 8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• We went to the Eagles concert last night so I made sure she paid attention to the guitar change for every song. I think she finally understands now the reason we need "every" guitar. I need a bass next though since I started mixing.

• There must be about 30 stringed instruments in an Eagles concert!

I think Joe Walsh used at least 7 with two different slide guitars. I could not keep track except for the bassist. ^^ Henley was playing guitar too (with backup drummer).

• BayouTexan, my wife has been pretty supportive, she bought my Kemper in 2017 and helped choose a new guitar (color that is) in 2019.

But I too must bow to your prowess in pulling your wife into the life of neverending gear obsession?

We are on vacation at the moment for our 25th anniversary, I've been sharing this thread with her in our leisure time and your mojo seems to translate through written word as well. Thus far she finds it humorous and not at all offensive or manipulative, this could lead to a new remote sooner than later, if she is somehow convinced it is powerful?

• To be honest, she did not give immediate support right away. She used to go into the furthest part of the house, shut the door, and blast the TV when I first began practicing. You can just imagine "her tone" when I started to learn squealies. Once I started putting together that smorgasbord of practice into songs she came around a bit more. So, I got a couple more guitars. Then she said I needed my songs to sound like on the radio, so I began saving up for the Kemper (she freaked when she saw the receipt). After the Kemper, I told her a needed some more guitars to cover more different sounds. She said "bullshit!". I played Journey's Faithfully (one of her fav bands) on the stereo and turn on the Kemper. She said "if you played like that than maybe you can get another guitar. As soon as the solo came in, I covered it (she never knew I was practicing it for weeks). She walked away but I saw her hiding that big smile on her face. I got another guitar a week later.

Her coworkers husband has 9 guitars. I only have 8.

Next up is a bass and a tele. ;)

I thought wives traded cooking recipes?

Yeah man, my wife has been supportive since day 1, since I'm equally as supportive of what her interests are. And I don't say comments to her like this. ?

• Whislt my comments might suggest the contrary, my wife is incredibly supportive, putting up with gigs and rehearsals, endless noodling alongside the small fortune I've spent on the 23 guitars I have accumulated. she even bought one of them for me.

My approach has always to be honest with her. She knows its my main passion, I only buy what I can afford without impacting the family holidays etc.

She is ace ( and not even reading this).

• Whislt my comments might suggest the contrary, my wife is incredibly supportive, putting up with gigs and rehearsals, endless noodling alongside the small fortune I've spent on the 23 guitars I have accumulated. she even bought one of them for me.

My approach has always to be honest with her. She knows its my main passion, I only buy what I can afford without impacting the family holidays etc.

She is ace ( and not even reading this).

This brings up an interesting parable I tell my wife ever-so-often to remind her--- why I am that I am. ^^

First and foremost, I like honestly even at the risk of a harsh critique of my mannerism or personality. My wife is an extremely nice and polite person to others - like my opposite. ;)

Parable goes like this:

Honey, do I look fat in this dress?

-Would you like me to tell you something nice or the truth?

Hmmm, I guess I want you to tell me the truth.

-Okay, that dress makes you look like you have a fat ass.

I guess I'll try the other one on.

-Pleeeeeaaaaaase do.

:saint:

• Oh man, I don't talk about gear with my wife. She might start paying attention to what comes and goes. We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy around my toys and her clothes/makeup.