Kemper kones future support

• Looking at ordering 4 kones for my 4x12 cab. My concern is the Kemper being so far into its production life you can’t help but feel another iteration is coming eventually (which I will be buying if or when it arrives). I’m wondering will the kones continue to be supported as/if new products emerge. My thoughts are yes, anyone care to share their input ? I’d hate to have a cab full of obsolete kones ten (for example) years down the road.

• The basic truth is; no one knows what Kemper has planned and no matter how much we speculate it isn’t going to change that.

Having said that I’ll speculate a little ?

Kemper apparently bought the remaining supply of the Motorola chip to allow them to continue production for many years to come. CKemper has said repeatedly that the chip isn’t even close to being maxed out so he doesn’t see any need for an new product. If there is a new product I am pretty sure that the Kone technology will be built into it too so I would have no hesitation in buying Kones today.

• My plan is lose the fender logo, green Tolex and 4 kones. Think I will pull the trigger as soon as I get a break from work. I am thinking the same thing, from what I have been hearing it will be hard to improve the Kone other than adding imprints.

• I know where you are coming from it is nice as is. As much as I love fender and this cab’s quality and aesthetics, I’d rather have a matching Green 4x12 Kemper kab. I can only assume it would sound amazing with 4 kones in the baltic birch enclosure of the supersonic.